No announcement yet.

Blue debri netting 3m X 10m

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue debri netting arrived today. Crimbo has come early!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Is white netting any good? or is it just blue?

Comment

Originally posted by maverick451 View Post
        Is white netting any good? or is it just blue?
        I think there were some links posted further back on the thread about beneits of different coloured netting.

Its just a bit of daftness really, but I reckon blue netting for leafy plants (brassicas) and red netting for flowering plants. From memory white and cream netting was good also. I personally have used old net curtains or voile to cover carrots with good effect.
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

IIRC there's said that cream coloured netting was OK but can't remember them mentioning white
          Last edited by Jay-ell; 01-12-2016, 10:18 AM.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

I'm not sure but would white net act as a reflector where as black acts as an absorbent of heat/light.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              I'm not sure but would white net act as a reflector where as black acts as an absorbent of heat/light.
              I agree big fella. So we have blue for leafy growth, red for fruit and flowers, white to keep cool and black to warm up!

All theoretical I agree, so why is the majority of debri netting used on allotments GREEN!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                All theoretical I agree, so why is the majority of debri netting used on allotments GREEN!
                Most likely green was all that was available when growers decided to use it..............how long have growers used debris netting out of interest?
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Most likely green was all that was available when growers decided to use it..............how long have growers used debris netting out of interest?
                  Since they found out it was a damm site cheaper than Enviromesh!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

maybe it was green to blend in, before they realised that SCIENCE was involved

Comment

Originally posted by vixylix View Post
                      maybe it was green to blend in, before they realised that SCIENCE was involved
                      Swap the word 'SCIENCE' for supposition and I would probably agree with you!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Most likely whoever invented debris netting had a job lot of green dye to use up..........

Comment

Most likely whoever invented debris netting had a job lot of green dye to use up..........
                          Tangetising again, but thats why Grey Fergie tractors were grey. The war dept had a heck of a lot of battleship grey paint left after WW11 finished!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Waste not want not Snadge..............

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                              Tangetising again, but thats why Grey Fergie tractors were grey. The war dept had a heck of a lot of battleship grey paint left after WW11 finished!
                              My Dad worked in a railway wagon engineering works - he was a shunter too, Snadger! The wagons were painted grey.
                              My parents gave my wooden bedroom furniture a makeover to freshen it up - they painted it grey I think they painted the knobs pink
                              These makeover programmes have no idea how to brighten up a room

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X