Good boots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marchogaeth View Post
    And how long do they last? My OH likes riggers but gets through them at a rate of knots. Also anyone come across riggers below size 6 (not kids).?
    Mine are about 20 years old and still going strong. They were originally on site but a lot of our sites have banned slip ons so can't get them so easily now . Small sizes aren't a problem for me as I'm tall (would fall over if I had teeny girly feet) but I know they used to be able to get them no problems but guess that they bought in bulk so may have had discounts.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Ja9 View Post
      I haven't worn steel capped boots but wondering if I should.
      I do. You only get to have that accident once otherwise ... same as putting something on the top of short canes so they don't go in your eye. Well, I guess you can have that accident twice ... not worth having either accident once though
      K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Originally posted by marchogaeth View Post
        My OH likes riggers but gets through them at a rate of knots
        I see Riggers on sale from £25 to £75 - probably a lot of difference in quality between the two?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Same here! Size 4 (sometimes 3 in boots) so no riggers for me! Kids sized boots are too narrow.
          My daughter has a couple of pairs (one larger for thick socks). Can't remember exactly but I think one is Caterpillar and looks a lot like "Caterpillar 7047 Kitson Honey Ladies Work Boots Nubuck Hiker With Steel Toe Cap"

Cat 7047 Kitson Honey Ladies Nubuck Hiker Safety Boots With Steel Toe Cap

and the other "SAF Amblers FS7 Safety Boots With steel Toe Caps & Midsole"

SAF Amblers FS7 Safety Boots With steel Toe Caps & Midsole

I only had to pay the bill! the requirement was that they had to look half decent! but she says they are really comfortable.

(That site has a selector, left-hand-side, on size in case that's any help:
          http://www.safetybootsuk.co.uk/safet...2020_3940.html

Comment

Thank you everyone.I shall have a good look as I was going to ask my OH for them as a birthday present
            Gardening forever, housework whenever!

Comment

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
              My daughter has a couple of pairs (one larger for thick socks). Can't remember exactly but I think one is Caterpillar and looks a lot like "Caterpillar 7047 Kitson Honey Ladies Work Boots Nubuck Hiker With Steel Toe Cap"
              Actually I wear a pair of "Cat" slip on leather shoes. They haven't got steel toes, but they have a great thick tread, and I don't have to fuss with laces. I've had them for about 10years. Brilliant make.

Comment

I wear Caterpillar steel toe-capped boots to work. I'm a civil servant and use them for staff management purposes. When they get too scruffy for work they get elevated to the garden

Comment

I bought a pair of riggers about 9 years ago from netto and they lasted until xmas when they started leaking. I got a 25% off Brantano voucher for the sales so got a pair of thiers. Very good too.

TIP! Try before you Buy as different makes of riggers can vary in size. I am size 8 shoe but got 9 as i dont like em tight.
                  Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

In learnt the hard way a very long time ago about wearing the correct footwear in the garden!

* mod note- links removed
                    Last edited by Nicos; 22-02-2015, 05:15 PM. Reason: No advertising!

Comment

Originally posted by arpoet View Post
                      TIP! Try before you Buy as different makes of riggers can vary in size. I am size 8 shoe but got 9 as i dont like em tight.
                      Good tip Roger...........I had to get a UK12 cos of the stoopid Euro sizing...............
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I bought some Dunlop work boots from sports direct for about £20 and they are pretty damn good. I'm size 13 and they are a great fit. steel toecaps too for when I'm drunk and using a fork

Comment

I picked up some riggers off of that well known auction site after asking the same question on here. They were new and boxed and I paid £11 delivered.

I tend to wear the riggers in the cold and wet and for digging etc... comfy and warm in the winter. In the summer I tend to go for old ankle chukka boots.
                          While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X