Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 foot privacy screen

Hi,

I have put up an arch so there's a virtual doorway from my flower garden to my veg bit but I want to plant something either side of it to create a screen about 4 foot high and no more than a foot or two deep.

Can anyone please recommend something I could plant (I don't want to put trellis up as I'm not allowed to use saws and hammers). There's a 2 metre gap on the left of the arch and about 1.5 metres on the right.

Many thanks,

Mart.

If you could run to a couple of wire lengths across the 'gaps', you could grow raspberry canes?

Comment

I take it you want evergreen (all year round), so that will let out the raspberry canes as they lose their leaves in the winter - Shame. You could look at hedging plants which can be trimmed to size. Pyracantha, berberis, lonicera nitida are all quite accommodating. Lavender is good edging but wouldn't be tall enough for what you want.

Comment

Hadn't thought of that, RL!

Comment

OK Mart you can't use saws but how about fixing some posts in the ground using sockets & post fix then drop some pallets over them to form your fence, a quick paint with some fence guard and bobs your uncle fannies a rude word. Then you can plant what you like up them
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Lavender

I think I'll go with the lavender idea - although they may go to 2 foot high I think it will still give me a sense of a barrier separating the 2 areas. Many thanks to all for the advice. I love this forum!

Mart.
            Last edited by martynsread; 26-05-2007, 09:54 PM.

Comment

There's a rosemary called Miss Jessop's Upright. It grows erect as the name suggests and it's everygreen (well, evergrey!) and flowers. You can keep it in shape easily. And you can eat it!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Potentilla would do the job for you and it flowers all summer.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X