Pressure Cooker

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressure Cooker

Slow cookers are very useful, especially in winter, and if you're out all day. I don't use mine much now,main advice is to use less liquid / stock etc, than you normally would, otherwise goes very 'soupy', and everything falls apart.

DottyR
    Last edited by Dorothy rouse; 16-10-2013, 10:22 AM.
    DottyR

Comment

Thanks for the tip Dotty. You might just have saved me from serving up 'mush'

Bren, at least when SWMBO questions my purchase, I can tell her it is a 'multi function' device for cooking meals and storing things.
      While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

I have a wonderful recipe for chocolate melt in the middle pudding for the slow cooker. Will try to remember to post it up when I get my lappy back from younger son at the weekend.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          I've got a slow cooker but it doesn't get used not even sure why but its handy for keeping the clean dish cloths in
          I bought one, thinking that it would be good to use with the solar panels - cooking for free - but I'm just not organised enough to think about an evening meal at breakfast

Comment

Re Slow cookers - I'm sure I read that you can use them to make bread in - or am I befuddled as usual

Comment

You could probably prove bread in them on low but they'd be no good for cooking it. Use ours mainly for casseroles which benefit from all day cooking - lovely to come in at night and smell the food all ready after a long day at work. Did a ham hock the other day too and then made pea and ham soup with the stock. Real bargain.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                I have a wonderful recipe for chocolate melt in the middle pudding for the slow cooker. Will try to remember to post it up when I get my lappy back from younger son at the weekend.
                Please, please do Shirley. I will be in the good books if I present something like that.
                While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

1. Do pay the extra for a stainless steel one.
                  2. Don't imagine that you can cook pulses from dry in just a few minutes. All pulses need to be soaked slowly to be rehydrated before cooking, no matter how you cook them. I have had plenty of experience of eating chewy and hard beans from pressure cooking!
                  3. Pressure cookers DO save lots of time, especially with stews and meat on the bone.
                  4. Slow cookers have their uses too, and cost less to run. It's all a question of planning ahead.
                  5. With many years of experience, I would always opt for the slow cooker option which means starting things to cook the night before if you are a busy working person who wants to find a hot and perfectly cooked meal ready for when you get back from work.

Comment

White bread slow cooker recipe slow cooker white bread recipe

Comment

Thanks Paul My memory isn't as addled as I thought

Comment

Well you learn something everyday!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

But has anyone tried it?

Comment

I am sure it will be bread, but not as we know it, Jim!

Comment

I've been looking on google and folks say you you end up with a flatter soft crust loaf so not for me. So I won't be giving it a go and anyway I bake a couple of times a week and always seem to fill my oven with other stuff at the same time. Just lately its rice pud and roasted toms.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X