Sit on Lawnmower

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sit on Lawnmower

Does anybody use a sit on lawnmower? The chap who cuts our grass has decided he wants to spend more time in his own garden (can't blame him) and there's precious few people around to cut grass, so we wondered about a sit on lawnmower. Anybody got any advice. We've got a Honda dealer here, but that's about it.

Also I would need a strimmer to suit a vertically challenged oldie. They all look incredibly long, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to manage one. Anybody know if they have telescopic bits, ie you can make the smaller ?

Where else could you ask these questions ??
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

http://www.justlawnmowers.co.uk/pages/rideon/Honda.htm
    Theres a link to a Honda ride on site .It will give you an idea of what you want and what you can afford.I would be 98% sure that they are made by an Italian company (Castel Garden) and a Honda engine dropped into it .The HF 2315 HME looks exactly like the one I have at work but with a different engine and stickers on the side. A good machine and a Honda is a good engine .If you only have a Honda dealer it would make sence to buy from him so if anything does go wrong at least he should be able to get parts and repair it for you.
    There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Thanks Beefy - we picked up a brochure today and have been busy measuring gates tonight and assessing gradients into the field! So we might be limited by what we can get through the gate. Do you use the one at work on a hill at all? Part of our garden has quite a steep slope, so we are not sure whether you can use a siton to do that part.
      ~
      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

He he I had to get weights put on the front of mine as it was starting to lift the nose on some of the hills

This is the steepest part that I have to cut with it and have no problems .Word of advice always cut hills up and down never across .
        There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

This is my first post, sorry if I get it wrong - tell me if I do.
          Yes we have a sit on lawn mower and would not be without it. We are on our 2nd model which we purchased 2 weeks ago. Our garden does not have any slopes (fortunately). Our first mower did not have any collection facility which I think is very important. The new one has all these features including a mulching set of blades. It definitely saves time which in our case is very important. From taking 4 hours with a walk along mower the same area can be done in just under an hour. Of course there is a considerable difference in the prices, but it depends on what you need. After having a sit on I would not be without one. Obviously you need to take into consideration the access into your back garden as this will limit you to what models you can have. There are a few sites on the internet, but I decided to buy mine locally and the guy delivered and gave a free demonstration in situ. Also it helps when you need it serviced (which you have to do to keep up the warranty.
          Jac

Comment

I have Husqvarna Riding zero turn Lawnmower from the MZ arrangement conveys business-grade control and stunning ergonomics and I have recently bought it. 27 HP Briggs Endurance motor gives dependable new businesses and high ground speeds. I love mowing with this product (Most Recommended).
            Last edited by burnie; 22-11-2019, 01:13 PM. Reason: removed advert

Comment

a) be careful - plenty of people have been killed or badly injured when driving a ride-on mower on sloping ground and rolled the machine on top of themselves .
              b) once you have identified a contender find a site where real owners write what they think about the machine eg https://www.justlawnmowers.co.uk/hon...n-tractor.html 5 comments at the bottom of the page
              c) give your local garden machinery service place a ring and ask them what they think of your choice and also how much they charge for annual maintenance on one - ie ask the local experts they are knowledgeable and free, as far as picking their brains goes.

Comment

Originally posted by ketty View Post
                I have Husqvarna Riding zero turn Lawnmower from the MZ arrangement conveys business-grade control and stunning ergonomics and I have recently bought it. 27 HP Briggs Endurance motor gives dependable new businesses and high ground speeds. I love mowing with this product (Most Recommended).
                Hello ketty. Are you on commission?

Comment

I have a CastleGarden ride on, it’s my third ride on, I had one of the small ones that I bought secondhand over 12 years ago, it was great until the gear box failed. Then I bought a JCB from B&Q big mistake had problems on and off, eventually last year I bought a bigger castle garden which can collect grass but can also be fitted with a mulching plug which is great. If I miss a week or 2 between cuts then I have to collect the grass, otherwise I can mulch all summer. All my cutting is now n the flat so I can’t comment on cutting on slopes. Good luck with your purchase.
                  Take Nicdub’s advice above, it’s very good and poignant.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Hello ketty. Are you on commission?
                    Probably only posted to advertise...only posted the once??

Maybe you should pop along to the introduce yourself thread Kitty
                    Last edited by Scarlet; 22-11-2019, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Yep!! Anyone who answers a 12 year old question with (Most recommended) in their reply is dubious!! As for "dependable new businesses"..............what does that mean when you're talking about a lawnmower???
                      Last edited by veggiechicken; 22-11-2019, 11:45 PM.

Comment

This poster was in the sandtrap when I removed the link and they were still online viewing the thread, I think when I removed the sales site link they knew they were busted and vanished. There have been a fair few new posters from far flung places that are not know spammers, difficult to know who is genuine, if I banned them all we might not have seen lollie from Australia for example, there are one or two genuine overseas posters on here.

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                          This poster was in the sandtrap when I removed the link and they were still online viewing the thread, I think when I removed the sales site link they knew they were busted and vanished. There have been a fair few new posters from far flung places that are not know spammers, difficult to know who is genuine, if I banned them all we might not have seen lollie from Australia for example, there are one or two genuine overseas posters on here.
                          thanks a lot for all your work on this site Burnie - much appreciated

Comment

Weird language in the 'ad', does sound like a sales brochure. I'd like to think if I was sneakily trying to sell something on a forum like this, I'd be able to write something a bit more convincing!
                            Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Going Cheap on Facebook Marketplace

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ride On Lawn Mower.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	2385748

Ride On Lawn Mower
                              Last edited by Cadalot; 23-11-2019, 12:22 PM.
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X