Freezer

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezer

Our large upright freezer has gone kaput.

Anyone got recommendations before SWMBO sends me out for a new one on Monday.

Colin
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Personally I'd say not Samsung. Ours has broken down twice in two years. I just got rid of it via freecycle despite it costing a lot. To replace it I've gone with a Beko one, that can tolerate -15C, as once we've re-done the kitchen it'll be going in an unheated garage.

Comment

Beko is made in Turkey and used not to be very good...sorry Chris...hope that's changed
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I've had my LG american fridge/freezer for six years now and it's amazing. Not a single issue with it It was the cheapest of that type back then too.
        https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
          Beko is made in Turkey and used not to be very good...sorry Chris...hope that's changed
          This was top of its class according to which so I'd hope so!!!

It's destined for the garage as an overspill freezer anyway, but still it can't be as bad as my Samsung was
          Last edited by chris; 13-05-2012, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Mines a proline(???)(never heard of the make) been in an unheated garage for years and still going strong

Comment

I think Proline is a brand name for Comet.

I have a Beko. It was the only one I could find that was just the right size. No issues yet but only had it for about 3 years. Has a really simple ice cube / tray thingy.

It's not the right size now though because a couple of peeps have moved from home

Comment

I had a beko one, very good, put it somewhere else, and now have a hotpoint one, also very good.

Comment

There was a problem with some Beko ones a while ago that were catching fire or something I think (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...n-14025550)but would have thought that they'd have sorted that by now. Having said that, when we were looking for a new fridge / freezer a few years ago the Beko ones seemed to be quite poor build / quality. We wanted a frost free one (which I don't think you can have for outside) as I loath defrosting freezers which cut the options down somewhat.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

We've had a Whirlpool one for just short of 10 years, never had a single problem with it

Comment

Thanks for all the tips.

SWMBO will have the final say as always, but its nice to be somewhat prepared.

Thanks again Colin
                      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X