OK, Dishwashers, next......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, Dishwashers, next......

Never had one. Know nothing about them. The only ones I've experienced have been industrial ones in catering establishments
    Any preferences? What should I be looking out for/avoiding as to features?
    Ta
    Potstubsdustbins - your thoughts??
    When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

I have one - never use it! May be different if you have a family. I deliberately bought a small one, but its still too big. My favourite mugs and knifes always seemed to be in the dishwasher, waiting to be washed. Shan't give up space in the kitchen for one again!

Comment

we have one (full size) and use it atleast once a day (based on family of 3). - my advice would be go to the shops - then go online and find it cheaper, then go back to the store and see if they can price match it aswell as give you something off the price

Comment

I took a which trial sub out, £2 to get the reviews Bought their best buy, extremely happy with it - my wife is now off my back. Win win as far as I'm concerned

Comment

We have a Bosch Classixx which is a bog standard type that is used everyday for a family of 4. I think we have had it more than 3 years and the only thing I've had to do to it is remove a sweetcorn kernel from the waste exit which had blocked it.

The only complaint I have is that it doesn't fill or empty itself.
          Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

I'm a luddite when it comes to microwaves (yuk!) and dish-washers.

I am a little odd in that I actually *like* getting into the kitchen and washing up straight after breakfast/lunch/supper - and I don't ask Snowdrop to help because I like to do it on my own. All this pals think he is sooo lucky!

Am I odd - no need to answer, it was slightly rhetorical
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

When we move, we will not have a electronic dishwasher, so I will have to re-activate the one we used to use.

Her name is Kristy and I married her 2 years ago, seems to do a good job, but some times unreliable, have to give it a prod or 2.. hehe :P
              Chilli Grower
              mmmmmm Spicy Chilli.....
              +----------------------------------+
              | Blog: http://www.dg83.com/blog/|
              +----------------------------------+

Comment

Be careful she doesn't de-activate some of your functions DG

I have a small Indesit one which gets used when full (every 2 or 3 days as I'm single) it means my kitchen looks tidy

Comment

We have a Bosch. Only problem I have with it is the cutlery basket. I have an intense dislike of emptying it. Tendency to OCD methinx.

Comment

Definitely worth going into a shop and having a good look, whether you buy from them or not. Some of them are very 'flimsy' with weak door catches and general low build quality (not just the cheap ones either!). I have a Zanussi which is used every day and I've been very happy with it. I think it's a about three years old and the only problem I've had is with the external plumbing, not the fault of the washer at all.
                    I was feeling part of the scenery
                    I walked right out of the machinery
                    My heart going boom boom boom
                    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                    I've come to take you home."

Comment

Ours is a Hoover (yes, I didn't know they did dishwashers either) slimline thing and is acutally very good. It's quite small internally but there are only two of us and I didn't want it to take all week to fill. It goes about every day and a half if you see what I mean. When we have a big family meal with more people it gets a bit overrun but I wanted something that suits us on an everyday basis. Previously we had a Bosch which I expected to be good but it didn't really clean that well. We don't put pans etc in as I prefer to wash them by hand (they just don't fit well and waste space) but it's really reduceds all the plates, cutlery, mugs etc that we need to wash and is usually find on the fast wash as nothing is that dirty. One thing that's good is that the top shelf is adjustable so we could increase it in height to fit our large dinner plates underneath (we only realised this after handwashing them for a week or two) although our cereal dishes are an odd shape and don't fit too well in any washer really - might be worth you taking a plate etc into the shop when looking to check it's OK.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Creemy sorry can't help on this one. I have plumbed in dozens of the things but SWMBO has a rather special dishwasher. ME!!!!!!!!

Colin
                        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

"When we move, we will not have a electronic dishwasher, so I will have to re-activate the one we used to use.

Her name is Kristy and I married her 2 years ago, seems to do a good job, but some times unreliable, have to give it a prod or 2.. hehe :P"

Mine's 16 year's old and still going strong - might be different when he leaves home, but at least he's been house trained so hopefully some lucky woman will benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Plot10 View Post
                            Her name is Kristy and I married her 2 years ago, seems to do a good job, but some times unreliable, have to give it a prod or 2.. hehe :P"
                            Is that one of the upgrades from girlfriend 2.1?
                            Yea I've heard they can be a bit dodgy and unreliable after the upgrade.

* tin 'at time!
                            Last edited by cardiffsteve; 24-04-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

We also have a Bosch Classixx, slimline model.
                              We've had it for about 5 years and the only thing thats gone wrong with it is the drain filter fell apart.
                              Bought a new one for about £10 still going strong.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X