Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless strimmers....any good??

Hi all
    We have just had our lottie for roughly a month now, and need to cut some extremely long grass at the back. There is no electricity and whilst puzzling over what to do, came across some ads for cordless strimmers, this could be a brillient solution and they sound just the ticket, but wondered if any other grapes have used one and what they thought?
    Thanks x

I have battery powered tools like this - they're fine if you charge them up, but I find stored, the batteries don't hold their charge. Also, when they run out of juice, obviously you need to go back and re-charge. Addtional batteries are quite pricey in my findings. For me though - they work ok (around the garden).

I borrowed a BEAST of a petrol strimmer with metal cutting disc for the allotment mind. Bit noisy and stinky, so I def pref the battery powered ones. no idea if they're "greener" or not though.

Comment

Bosch do a good cordless strimmer.. thats my next big purchace. I already have a Bosch Cordless hedge trimmer for the lottie and find it dead easy to use. (our lottie is enclosed by privet hedges). the battery last about an hour and dont loose it charge when not in use.
      Roger
      Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Oh aye - they are a bit heavier than usual leccy ones too!

Comment

Got a Bosch Easytrim, thanks for the advice...fingers x!

Comment

If you're kissing your fingers (for luck?) I'd suggest wearing some heavy duty gloves...strimmers can be leathal! Don't forget the eye protection too Oh and leg protection, etc..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X