Would recommend black fence paint.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would recommend black fence paint.

Our fences have been numerous colours from pale blue to purple to a couple of years ago dark green. They needed sorting this year so when looking at colours decided to go for black, have recently done front door in black and it looks really smart so applied logic to back fences.
    Mum frowned at me thinking it would look 'depressing'. It has had the opposite effect as any plant next to it literally sings out 'look at me!' it disappears and you see the flowers in front like little jewels, going to plant a white border and a red hot border now to really contrast with the black backdrop.
    Black is definitely the new fence paint. Give it a try.
    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

I've always preferred green fences, at it makes them appear to recede into the distance, giving the impression of more space. Especially if you have a lawn. But I can picture the scene - sounds lovely!

You'll have to post a picture when the flowers are all in bloom!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Yep will do when I have some plants in as garden is currently nowt but lawn but as soon as will post it so you can see what it looks like.
      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Where did you get the black fence paint from? I have gone for the black flowers instead as easier to get away with.
        Last edited by SawPaw; 23-04-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Hiya it is cuprinol and called black ash. Homebase currently have a buy one get one half price on their fence paint. It does look amazing but scary when we did it as it could have looked pants. Will take some photos and post when I get the chance.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X