Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasp help

Hi All,

After a really bad year last year with wasps in the eves of the house the shed and compost bins and some really bad attacks from them I need to stop them moving in this year.

I don't want to harm bees or my chooks so does anybody know of a good deterant or trap before they start to build nests.........

Thanks, Mandy

some advice here: How to Prevent Wasp Nests | eHow.co.uk

and a bit more here: Natural, Non-toxic Wasp Control, Wasp Traps, Wasp Repellents - Eartheasy.com Solutions for Sustainable Living
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 20-04-2011, 06:43 PM.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thanks TS,

I like the look of the Non toxic traps etc and will have a look for a UK supplier.

Mandy

Comment

I'm going to be trying a new product we have in at work, They're called waspinator, its basically a black bag that you put a balloon inside, inflate and hang up. It's then supposed to imitate another wasps nest, and as the visiting wasps get scared they fly off....well thats what it says on the box...you never know!!
        <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Originally posted by cptncrackoff View Post
          I'm going to be trying a new product we have in at work, They're called waspinator, its basically a black bag that you put a balloon inside, inflate and hang up. It's then supposed to imitate another wasps nest, and as the visiting wasps get scared they fly off....well thats what it says on the box...you never know!!

HI CPTN crackoff,

This is a product I am looking for in the UK, the site TS kindly sent me has them and I would like to try also but it is US based and I would like to get one ASAP.

Can I ask where 'work' is? Will I have an outlet in Scotland?

Many thanks, Mandy

Comment

I work for an agricultural/horticultural/country store, unfortunatly we only have branches in sussex, kent,surrey, suffolk, norfolk and essex.

Ebay has uk based sellers with free postage..
            <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

ok, Thanks

Will try ebay

Mandy

Comment

If you get really stuck pm me and i can buy one and send it on. I'm not back at work til wed next week though!!
                <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Really like the look of the Waspinator but think I will have a go at making one. Balloon, brown paper and a bit of glue should do the trick. I will let you know if it works.

I always loose the second crop of strawberries to wasps so will try anything to keep them away. Tried netting but they get in 'cos they are quite intellegent, but not as intellegent as me!!!!
                  Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

got some at the local garden centre, i have hung them up so will let you know the results....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X