No announcement yet.

Kettle

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kelly Kettles...thanks for the tip. I'd never heard of them...might have a look on eBay right now...

...oh yeah, about £25
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi

The kettle in Hawkins looks a lot like the Kelly Kettle. I might have a look in the army shop down the road - see what they've got.

SM

Comment

What you want is a 'Trangia'.

These are a type of camping stove made by a Swedish company called Trangia AB. They burn meths and have been around for years......but they're still popular as they are so small and light and fabulous quality.

I've had one for years and they work perfectly. They do a little mini one for about £20 and go up from there.

These little devices are a pleasure to use, very safe, and about as ecologically sound as you can get burning something. There are no waste cannisters etc.

Comment

Only problem with the Trangia is that you get funny looks every time you go to buy meths - when I bought some in Scotland I had to sign a bit of paper to say that I wasn't going to drink it!!!!!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Oh my goodness - can't believe they actually got you to sign a piece of paper to say you wouldn't drink it! Surely it's completely up to you? Anyhoo - thanks for that suggestion TA. I like the idea of having no waste canisters. I'll have a look on the good old WWW for some info.

Ta very much.

Squash Muppet

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
              Only problem with the Trangia is that you get funny looks every time you go to buy meths - when I bought some in Scotland I had to sign a bit of paper to say that I wasn't going to drink it!!!!!
              Yeah, but did you ask for a cold one?

Comment

No, she asked for a little paper umbrella in it!
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

And a cherry on a stick, I'm a classy bird, me!!!!!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

what about the small refillable camping gas bottles? we dont have a kitchen yet and are using our caming stoves all the time, we have a little refillable gas bottle about the same size as the thro away canisters, and a single ring, quite economical too.
                    Yo an' Bob
                    Walk lightly on the earth
                    take only what you need
                    give all you can
                    and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X