Bread Makers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
    can you buy replacement pans for them then?
    I have to admit I didnt quite know what to do with my loaf the first time, as it was such a devil to get out of the pan....so I used a knife and scuffed some of the insides. Now I wait until its cool enough to handle and pull it out by hand.
    I just wash mine up with the rest of the washing up....!
    I just grab the bread pan in oven gloves, and shake it around... bread slides out..

In terms of cleaning though, I was told not to 'wash it up', and use very mild products on it. It never gets fully immersed in water. I just fill it half full with warm water and swoosh a cloth round it.

Originally posted by bazzaboy View Post
    Here's another problem if you don't mind me asking it... what do you keep the bread in for max lasting freshness? I sometimes slice and freeze half (it's not so good but better than green mould!) and I sometimes use 'dough improver' which does make it last a bit longer but I've no idea quite what 'dough improver' is....?
    My bread from the breadmaker never lasts more than 2/3 days anyway, so it just gets put in the bread bin! (Only 2 adults in the house)

Its probably cos we cut thicker slices than you get with manufactured bread... and its tastes fantastic!

Comment

I have the Panasonic one with nut dispenser (although rarely use the dispenser bit) and it's been used every week, 2 or 3 times per week for over 4 years now and is absolutley fine. You shouldn't immerse the tin in the water as it has part of the mechanism in the base but it's easy to wipe out. Easy to get the loaves out the tin too, just give it a good couple of taps on the outside, a bit of a shake and the loaf falls out. They don't stay as fresh as bought stuff as they don't have the additives in them (why would you want them?) but stays OK for 2 or 3 days if we don't eat it first and never gets the chance to go mouldy.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I wasnt told anything with mine, didnt realise you should wash the pan up! My bread doesnt slide out, mainly cos of the paddle being stuck in the bottom...

oh well......its only got to last 18months for me to break even...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadylane View Post
          Much lighter than the ones I'd kneaded by hand
          You should try the slap and fold method....honest to goodness it is fabulous.

Good upper body workout at the same time, no kneading involved

YouTube - Hand Dough Kneading French Method

Comment

The Gadget Show on Channel 5 did a test on bread machines tonight and a Panasonic came out top.
            There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by HotStuff View Post
              The Gadget Show on Channel 5 did a test on bread machines tonight and a Panasonic came out top.
              If you check out any of the forums when they talk about BM's, Panasonic's always come out on top.

I saw the gadget show, I wished they'd had more than 3 BM's to test, but it was good.
              "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Hmm, I was interested to read this thread, as I have a Morphy Richards Breadmaker and have also had a lot of trouble with the pan - I'm now on my third replacement, and have noticed that the grease is starting to leak out of that into the dough now, just after it's one year warranty period is up of course.... I've taken great care of the pan, it must be an inherant fault with them, not much good is it! I feel a letter of complaint coming on (if I can be bothered!!).

I only ever use it to make the dough, as I much prefer to bake it in the oven - which is a good job as the bake facility packed up on mine a couple of years ago! It is about 5 years old and is in use virtually every day. I make double the amount of dough recommended in the leaflet, as this works fine if you're not going to bake it in there.

When it dies I shall look at a Panasonic....
                Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X