Chas and his Rock 'n' Roll Allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chas and his Rock 'n' Roll Allotment

Just bought this book, by Chas Hodges, half of Chas and Dave. It combines basic grow-your-own advice with lots of humorous anecdotes, and is, judging by the brief dip into it that I've done so far, very funny. On the front cover is the warning 'Contains strong language'. I should hope so too - I'd expect no less from a Cockerney geezer like Chas. However, if norty words give you a fit of the vapours, this may not be the book for you. The gardening advice is very basic, beginners' stuff, but it's worth buying for the anecdotes.
    Last edited by StephenH; 05-02-2011, 09:58 AM.
    Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Originally posted by StephenH View Post
    Just bought this book, by Chas Hodges, half of Chas and Dave. It combines basic grow-your-own advice with lots of humorous anecdotes, and is, judging by the brief dip into it that I've done so far, very funny. On the front cover is the warning 'Contains strong language'. I should hope so too - I'd expect no less from a Cockerney geezer like Chas. However, if norty words give you a fit of the vapours, this may not be the book for you. The gardening advice is very basic, beginners' stuff, but it's worth buying for the anecdotes.
    just ordered it from price minister for £7.40 and added the step by step guide to home winemaking for £2.74(as recomm. by two sheds) and got £5 off for a first time customer(code- firstbuy5) so got them both for £5.14 with free delivery...

good deal i think!!!
    May the road rise to meet you,
    May the wind be always at your back,
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
    Until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand

Comment

the book arrived at 10 am on saturday morning and i had read it cover to cover by 2pm.....quite a good read and as you said the advice is pretty basic (even as a newbie i kinda pickup most of the stuff from the vine over the past few months so i wouldn't buy it for the advice alone) but the stories were quite good if a little scattered on off at a tangent!!

that said it is one of the few books i have read in one sitting without being able to put it down!!!!
      May the road rise to meet you,
      May the wind be always at your back,
      May the sun shine warm upon your face,
      The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
      Until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand

Comment

Yes, I got through it in a couple of days. It's not very long - only about 150 pages.
        Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X