Plastic cloches

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic cloches

B&Q are selling decent sized, plastic cloches with little vents at either end for £4.99 each. I got four yesterday and may well go back and get some more. Quite sturdy, and complete with metal pegs to secure into the ground. DDL
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Sounds good, checked out the Poundland ones but they were really flimsy (thin wire hoops and the covers looked about as substantial as sandwich bags)

Comment

Yikes! I paid out towards £40 for 3 a couple of weeks back. Still, I haven't taken them out of the packaging yet, so don't know the quality; maybe you gets what you pay for??

Comment

Thanks for the tip DDL, will look in my local tomorrow - could use some cloches. I was promised some from Mother in Laws neighbor, but they don't seem to be coming my way
        Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
        -- Alfred E. Neumann
        http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

Comment

oooh cloches
          Yo an' Bob
          Walk lightly on the earth
          take only what you need
          give all you can
          and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Hi, I also bought these cloches and thought they were good value for money-I posted it somewhere on the forum but can't seem to find it! I've already stuck mine down the allotment and at last it looks as if i know what I'm doing! (still know naff all , but hey!)
            Raine

Comment

Single cloches try old pop bottes.
              Just take the top off & cut to the height you require!
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

Does anyone know where you can get those big plastic bottles they use on the water machines you see in offices? Bernie aka Dexterdog
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

We have them at work, I fancied one, I was told that they were returned, all as prt of the arrangment. I have often dreamt of all the uses for them.
                  Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
                  -- Alfred E. Neumann
                  http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                    Does anyone know where you can get those big plastic bottles they use on the water machines you see in offices?
                    apparently they have to replace these every 6 refills or so, so there are potentially lots of them around for the asking. Try Googling water bottle companies in your area, or phoning round big employers.

I use 2 or 4 pint milk bottles meself
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                      Does anyone know where you can get those big plastic bottles they use on the water machines you see in offices? Bernie aka Dexterdog
                      Some supermarkets sell water in larger bottles trouble is you have to buy the water!
                      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                      Brian Clough

Comment

If you bought all that water you would be running to the loo every five minutes! If you drunk it of course! Bernie aka Dexterdog
                        Last edited by dexterdoglancashire; 20-03-2007, 08:03 PM.
                        Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X