Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get decent Christmas crackers?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get decent Christmas crackers?

Had a look round for some this morning but all the ones I could find seemed to contain complete tat! I wouldn't mind if they were cheap but £10 - £15 for ones that offer such delights as a plastic nail brush or paper tape measure?!

Has anyone seen any decent ones? Preferably 'family' style with gifts to suit all ages.

Next year I think I'll make my own, bah humbug!
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

I gave up looking for nice ones and bought 12 for a fiver (or thereabouts) from Aldi. I decided the gifts get chucked away anyhoo.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Waitrose ones last year were quite good, decent gifts, but I didn't buy them so not sure how much they were.

Comment

I used to make crackers ( at home )for a company that supplied Past Times as well as others, what utter c**p we had to put in, horrible soap, sunflower seeds ( ok ) and other useless stuff. We bought ours in Tessies but they are ok for what they are. Dont forget you have to be over 16years of age to buy them so dont send the kids out to get them.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Yup they now classed as a type 1 explosive!
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I buy crackers in the Sales, twist open one end and put in nicer* gifts before twisting them up again

* lottery ticket, gift voucher rolled up etc
            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 17-12-2010, 04:37 PM.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Oooh, nice tip T_S! I shall keep an eye out after Christmas.

For now I think I'm going to do what Shirley suggests and just buy the cheapest I can find. Might as well if it's pretty much all going in the bin anyway!

Comment

can you make some? Or get some cheap and cheerful ones , CAREFULLY open one end and put in some better gifts? Or a lottery ticket in each?

Comment

I make mine, look around for amusing and cheap gifts to put in that suit the recipient and it usually causes plenty of entertainment. You can either buy kits but they're quite expensive or easily make your own with wrapping paper and loo rolls so long as you buy the bangers (which you can get from Hobbycraft although I got a load cheap off ebay). My mum used to make hats to suit and fit everybody but I've not bothered and just bought some cheapo ones.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Herods
                    Christmas Crackers - Christmas Crackers from Harrods
                    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                    Brian Clough

Comment

BW!

I thought at least the £99 ones would have something decent inside but even they look like tat!

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                        BW!

I thought at least the £99 ones would have something decent inside but even they look like tat!
                        Make you own chuffin' crackers then
                        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                        Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                          can you make some? Or get some cheap and cheerful ones , CAREFULLY open one end and put in some better gifts? Or a lottery ticket in each?

I did that one year and my grandson won £200. He was delighted but the other kids were not amused lol

Comment

oh, i like the lottery tickets idea. Don't normally buy them so are there christmas scratchcards things?

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble_killer View Post
                              oh, i like the lottery tickets idea. Don't normally buy them so are there christmas scratchcards things?
                              Yes but not sure how much they are might pinch this idea, big wins will have to share of course.
                              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                              and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X