Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daz View Post
    Hi
    It may be that the heat exchanger is not performing at its best and if I where you would look at getting this checked.
    Years ago we had the same problem with a MG Metro and after we had the heat exchanger changed it was toastie and no more agro from the other half.
    I will get him to check thanks

Originally posted by rana View Post
    It could just be an air lock in the heater so hot water from the engine cannot circulate efficiently through the heater. Or is the Clio heater really that bad?
    Its certainly not as good as my Clio, but his is older

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
    My Clio used to be ok on heating - believe me I would have noticed if it had been cold or inefficient!!
    Now I may be imagining things, but I think it had a summer and winter setting - the winter setting circulated the warmer air round the car rather than drawing it in from the outside. Sounds like the heater needs a bit of checking out.
    Don't think it has two settings but worth a look ta
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Not sure how much he wants to spend being a pensioner but would something like this help?

Car Heater - 12v Portable Demister
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

a bout 10 years ago, i spent a winter using a hot water bottle under my coat, and had to stop every few minutes to put it on the dashboard, as the windscreen was freezing up1 maybe not ideal, but it was cheap!

Comment

UNIVERSAL 12v CAR HEATER PLUGS IN CIGARETTE LIGHTER NEW on eBay (end time 03-Dec-10 19:00:00 GMT)

Try this? Might not be brilliant heat output, but as supplemental heat it might work?

There are others, I just put 'heater cigarette lighter' in the search.

Comment

Cheers guys all suggestions relayed to the old feller xx
            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X