My new pet

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new pet

The Dishwasher thread reminded me how technology can make those chores so much easier. So I thought I'd share my new pet with you.

He's called Will, he cost me £200, 2 strawberry milkshakes, 2 large bars of dairy milk and a 'Shropshire' cow!

He's a Roomba; an electronic, robotic vacuum cleaner and he's amazing.

He's 13" in diameter and he sits in a little charging dock in the corner of my kitchen. At pre-set times of the day he drives out and vacuums the kitchen, dining room, hallway and sitting room and if I carry him upstairs he does all of upstairs too. The only thing he can't handle is the stairs.
    He also has a spinning brush off-set from the front which pulls muck from corners underneath him so he does a better job than me.

I even talk to him sometimes when he's working.

I'd recommend him to anyone who loves a gadget and/or hates hoovering.
    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
    Snadger - Director of Poetry
    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Boy, do I want one of those!!!!!?
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I've always wondered about those...do they actually cover all the floor area, or do they miss bits?

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
        I've always wondered about those...do they actually cover all the floor area, or do they miss bits?
        In fact they cover the same section of floor up to 5 times. Will has a little blue light on top that turns on when he detects a particularly dirty patch, he then spirals on that spot to give it a concentrated clean.

Also, once he works out where an edge/skirting board is, he runs his right-hand side down it to ensure he gets right into the corners.
        Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support

Comment

Hmmmmm, I may have to ditch my current vacuum cleaner operative (MrPB) in favour of a Will

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
            Hmmmmm, I may have to ditch my current vacuum cleaner operative (MrPB) in favour of a Will
            Of course you have to come up with your own name for yours. The girls in the office said I should choose a girl's name, but a single guy living in a house with a female robot will get talked about! So I decided he should have a guy's name like a best buddy and I can imagine having a good friend called Will!

I do have real friends, honest!

Comment

I saw Jeremy Clarkson try and use one of those it kept getting stuck behind the sofa & a potted plant
              .It worked OK when there was nothing in the way.
              Last edited by bubblewrap; 04-11-2010, 12:25 PM.
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

Ahhhh, in which case it would never work for me...I don't know the meaning of 'minimal living'

Comment

I think the cat would pack her bags and leave home if she found one of those on the loose in the house!
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                    I think the cat would pack her bags and leave home if she found one of those on the loose in the house!
                    Oh gawd, so would mine! Hadn't thought of that!
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I'd love one of those... tis on my dream list but it would never cope with the amount of dog hair that my two dogs shed... that said.. it wouldn't survive being chased and bitten either.. ben dog would be convinced it was either a toy or an intruder for him to chase(!)

Comment

Does Will also wipe bird poop up? jam/chutney/wine off the floors/walls ?

If yes, I'm in
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                          Does Will also wipe bird poop up? jam/chutney/wine off the floors/walls ?

If yes, I'm in
                          If it's on the floor; he's got it. I'm still trying to convince him to do the walls, work surfaces, cooker top, laundry, weeding etc.

You can get a Scooba, which is the same thing, but for non-carpeted floors, although Will does perfectly well on those too.

Comment

Clever thing but I'd rather stick to my big Dyson

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post

I'd recommend him to anyone who loves a gadget and/or hates hoovering.
                              That looks awesome!! off to browse the web for one!!

Binley really does Know best!
                              G4-Meteorological mastermind! Stone/String it's all covered!
                              Jeanied- Makes your day complete!!
                              PB- Masteress of Pumpkins!

I Don't Know who Dave is...But he's one cool Dude!
                              I Once was a Tuber but with a little practice!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X