Biocontrol...buy your predator bugs here

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biocontrol...buy your predator bugs here

Known this lady for many years, even used to help her out with holiday cover.

Biowise

Thought I'd recommend her to all you non-chemical gardeners. She really knows her stuff and has been supplying the trade for a long time and now does amateur orders. She really helped me to stop using pesticides and has saved many crops for me.

Went to pick up some spider mite predators and was speaking to her about the new Nemasys...'Grow Your Own' treatment...a collection of water on nematodes to attack all root flies, cutworms, ants, thrips, scarid, caterpillars(inc sawfly) and codling moth....Blimey sounds like a miracle in a box!!!

at £5 for 60 m2!!! (better value than the slug one) I'm going to trial it on the allotment this year and will let you all know the results.

Thanks Paul,

Sounds great.. always prefer to support smaller retailers too. I'll place an order tonight

Comment

Ooh, and they do some stuff to prey on leaf miner.. even better!

Comment

I have been putting the GYO nematodes on my carrots and the other root veggies, cause they are not covered. Will see if it makes a difference.
        http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

Think she may be out this afternoon as I am picking up the 'GYO' from a cool box but she is normally about in office hours and there is an ansaphone.

Hope she can help.

Comment

Originally posted by tiachica View Post
            I have been putting the GYO nematodes on my carrots and the other root veggies, cause they are not covered. Will see if it makes a difference.
            Yeah, mine are covered with enviromesh... so I am going to trial it for rootfly on my neighbours'. While I shall try it on ants, thrips and caterpillars. Would like to try it on the codling moth too...can't really water the big apples but the smaller trees and surround will get a treatment.

Comment

We have a real problem with Carrot fly so I think I might give it a go too.
              Cheers,like Chris I'd rather support a small retailer.
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Ants!!? Fab, got loads of 'em, darned things.

Thanks for the recommendation, much appreciated!
                Last edited by Glutton4...; 03-07-2010, 08:33 AM.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Thanks for the link Paul. We were discussing biological control on another thread the other day as someone had visited a large nursery when they were using it.
                  I used it commercialy 30 odd years ago and thought there must be someone now supplying the public.

Just a quick comment about using it, the predators do always need something to feed on, or they will die, so if using it for say white fly and spider mite on tomatoes, you will still always see some white fly and mites, but only in small numbers.

Thanks again, a very handy link for my blog. I am sure you friend will not mind a free plug for her product.

Mr TK
                  Mr TK's blog:
                  http://mr-tomato-king.blogspot.com/
                  2nd Jan early tomato sowing.

Video build your own Poly-tunnel

Comment

Did anyone have any success with this treatment? I've just cleared out my entire harvest of Shallots with an Onion Fly infestation, this looks like a good treatment if it works.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X