Petrol mower, which one?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrol mower, which one?

We have an uneven lawn full of all sorts; ie dandelions, daisies and bluebells (bloody squirrels!). It's quite long so would need a petrol mower. Can anyone recommend one that will last and not too heavy for a 5'6" not very strong but very determined woman to mow?

I have two petrol mowers. A Honda 19" with a roller at the back, it does a fab job, starts first time every time and will run all day long. However it's blimmin heavy (I can't lift it, and I'm very stubborn!). For work I have a little four-wheeled aluminium-bodied mower made by Alko. Not quite so reliable, but light-enough to lift in and out the car (It's bright Orange ).

I bought them both second-hand, on eBay!
    Last edited by Glutton4...; 01-05-2010, 09:04 PM.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

just looked on ebay and nothing near us. But on the same idea, don't think we'll pay for a new one and will keep an eye on Friday ad.

thanks!

Comment

Try shop window adverts too, or ask any Gardeners in the area. Since I've been gardening, I'm always being offered (or given!) tools. I'm picking up a petrol mower next week, that I was offered, as I have a friend looking for one.

You could try popping an ad in your local shops, they don't charge a lot.

Also, do you have a 'Little old Fella that repairs Mowers' locally? We have a fab one, and he's always got mowers for sale. Good luck!

Comment

I've got a couple of Hayters that I love, expensive but keep going forever. Before that a Mountfield which survived a shed fire and still kept going - but that was an old one from the days things were made from metal not plastic....
          I suggest a secondhand one that's well made rather than a cheap diy store one brand new

Comment

hi there,im new here so hope you dont mind me butting in on this mower chat.
            i bought a nice mountfield on ebay for £35 and its lovely..

one question i have though is about fuel.. do i have to add 2stroke oil to the petrol?? i cant see a separate tank for it to go..
            thanks in advance for any help..

Comment

My mowers have a seperate oil tank and take neat (unleaded) petrol

Comment

Originally posted by hector lovitt View Post
                hi there,im new here so hope you dont mind me butting in on this mower chat.
                i bought a nice mountfield on ebay for £35 and its lovely..

one question i have though is about fuel.. do i have to add 2stroke oil to the petrol?? i cant see a separate tank for it to go..
                thanks in advance for any help..
                Try a quick 'Google' search, but I'm pretty sure it will just take unleaded, like most mowers. If you find that it does take 2-stroke, it will have to be mixed with the petrol at the correct ratio anyway, so will still go in the same tank.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X