Veg peeler

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg peeler

I was given a Zyliss peeler a couple of christmases ago and although I am loathe to say it as I am rather attached to the one I bought in a french market when I was a young lass it is probably the best one I've ever had. It peels beautifully even soft toms and things like that.

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/product.aspx/!10682

It handles nicely too.
    Bright Blessings
    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Yes, I'm welded to mine too Earthbabe. But chums of mine who were brought up on the old string-handled jobbie won't be swayed!
    SSx
    not every situation requires a big onion

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation Earthbabe. Will get one of them.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I've just bought one of the good grips peelers and that seems to be working ok at the mo. I don't have a good track record with peelers, never managed to find a good one yet.
        ~
        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I agree with you JA - I got one of the good grips peelers from Lakeland and it's excellent! I have a problem gripping normal peelers, (forget the old fashioned Lancashire peeler!! ) this does the job brilliantly! DDL
          Last edited by dexterdoglancashire; 27-01-2007, 05:15 PM.
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

on your recomendations got one of these today, only problem is no kitchen to try it in till new one is fitted this weekend
            The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Originally posted by Earthbabe View Post
              I was given a Zyliss peeler a couple of christmases ago and although I am loathe to say it as I am rather attached to the one I bought in a french market when I was a young lass it is probably the best one I've ever had. It peels beautifully even soft toms and things like that.

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/product.aspx/!10682

It handles nicely too.
              My mum's got one of those which she loves but I can't get the hang of it at all - for some reason I'm best with the old fashioned fixed type, could be another example of my lack of co-ordination

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Interestingly the food tech teacher who did the cookery demo at the tattie day in Whitchurch said some of her pupils struggle with their mum's peeler but are ok with the school's ones or vice versa or both, so it would seem that it is important to find one you can get on with.
                Bright Blessings
                Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X