No announcement yet.

Wild garlic

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently discovered that what I have called 'wild garlic' for the last 30 years is, in fact, three cornered leek.

It has similar habits and can be used in cooking in a similar way but it is, I think, even more invasive than the wild garlic.
    If anyone wants to try some bulbs let me know and I'll send you some BUT it is VERY prolific!
    Wars against nations are fought to change maps; wars against poverty are fought to map change – Muhammad Ali

Comment

Oooh yes please!! Love Allium family, just had some bunching onion seeds come and had a handful of Minogue from HSL Potato Day at Ryton, addict, me???
      Have pm'd you grannymem

Comment

Originally posted by grannymem View Post
        I recently discovered that what I have called 'wild garlic' for the last 30 years is, in fact, three cornered leek.

It has similar habits and can be used in cooking in a similar way but it is, I think, even more invasive than the wild garlic.
        If anyone wants to try some bulbs let me know and I'll send you some BUT it is VERY prolific!
        Hi Grannymem, have pmd you! Regards to Truro!
        http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by Liza View Post
          Just received my wild garlic seeds from Fernell farm.

Instructions : The seeds need a moist loamy soil with a damp shady environment. Do not plant under conifers.

Hope this helps.
          Why cant you plant under conifers?

Comment

yes please will PM you
            Cheers
            Daz

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
              Probably the soil will be too dry.
              You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Thanks for the info Liza, think it's probs a mixture of it being too dry and too acidic. Will send you a pm grannymem, any oniony/garlicy thing would be appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                  Conifers take all the goodness and nutrients out of the soil and even wild garlic would struggle to survive if grown under them
                  Really great gardens seem to teeter on the edge of anarchy yet have a balance and poise that seem inevitable. Monty Don in Gardening Mad

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X