Best Toaster

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Toaster

Hi All, am after a bit of advice. Can anyone recommend a really good toaster to me? the one we have at present was "compromised" by a "trying to melt butter on top of it" situation by my OH after a very long back shift on Christmas Day. After some flames and smoke the decision has been made to get a new one! I used to have one which had the ability to only toast one side of a bagel, but I've never been able to find that model again. We make a lot of bread (took your advice on the panasonic - superb! thank you) so need something which can take large slices of bread also. Space in the kitchen is limited, so only wide enough for a 2 slice.
    thanks for your advice in advance..

What's your budget?

ETA: ours is a DeLonghi. It is great.
    Last edited by zazen999; 27-12-2009, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Hi. Nothing extravagant - under £40 if possible...

Comment

Have you looked in Argos they've got a few good offers on toasters and most of them have reviews.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I'd just go and browse the sales and see what you can pick up.....then you can decide on what suits.

Comment

Always thought that toasters were pretty much all the same just in different colours. Only stipulation when we bought ours was that it could cope with chunky slices when we wanted to do rolls etc but we tend to do stuff like that under the grill anyway so it probably didn't really matter anyway. Would have thought that for £40 you'd have a heck of a lot of choice although having just looked on the Argos site am amazed (and slightly disgusted) that some of them are charging well over £100! Think ours was about a tenner and is still going strong well over 10 years later.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

We have a dualit, which I can highly recommend. I bought one for my parents about 20 years ago and theirs is still going strong too. If the budget doesn't run to one though Lakeland do a selection that look quite good.

Comment

We ain't posh some times use the old toasting fork made out of wartime stainless thick wire just the job when the fire glows red coal and logs that is...jacob
                What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I have a dualit like Incy, it takes all sizes of bread, you can toast coissants on top of it and you can buy a cage to make cheese toasties in it. I know they are not cheap but we have had ours for eight years and it is still going strong.
                  Fab thing about them too is that the ceramic plates hold the heat, you can leave the toast etc in there and it keeps warm and you manually pop it up with the leaver when you are ready to butter it. Also the more toast you do the less time you give it as it holds the heat.
                  It really is a fab toaster and the best one i have ever owned. Come in a rainbow of colours to suit your kitchen, have an easily removable crumb tray at the bottom and as they are retro styled will never go out of fashion.
                  I reackon i have saved money buying ours as it is as tough as old boots and used daily by two not very careful fellas and has withstood the abuse.
                  We haven't tried to melt butter on top of it though, but bet you could in a metal container as you can heat up scones/croissants on it.
                  Good luck with your search.
                  When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Top 13 toasters

13 Most Creative Toasters - Oddee.com
                    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 30-12-2009, 10:08 PM.
                    To see a world in a grain of sand
                    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

We have a Dualit 2 slice toaster, but not the expensive one. Ours was about £50 and will do very thick and thin slices. My Parents have the expensive one and it has a clockwork timer, which is one of the most annoying things I've ever heard. They both do excellent toast though!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I love the timer on mine, find it reassuringly old fashioned and quaint. Mind you i love the noise our Indesit moon makes when you programme that because it bleeps at you!
                        I suppose it is the same as marmite, one persons yummy spread is another persons nemesis on toast!!
                        When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Hi all. Thanks for all your advice. Will have a browse and see what tickles her ladyships fancy (she eats and burns the most toast in our household!). Am liking the sound of the dualit so will have a look at that one first. Thanks again....

Comment

Our Russell Hobbs is really good, no probs so far.

We burned out two cheaper ones in a year. Have a look through the reviews here for more ideas
                            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 11-10-2010, 02:00 PM.
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X