Virtual Gardeners Almanac V1.4

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Gardeners Almanac V1.4

I got the Virtual Gardeners Almanac today, not bad at all, has some great features, and some things that unfurtunately it is sadly lacking!

It has a good plot planner, tho functionality is a bit limited, it doesnt let you position individual plants in the beds, nor tell you if you are trying to plant too many of a plant into a bed, but more it acts as a key to what bed is where within your plot and garden!! (You can have up to 100 separate plots on it at once, so if you wanted to you could subdivide your beds into separate plots and then use a different bed per plant, if you really wanted to!) We've set up 2 plots on it, the back garden and our allotment.

There is some excellent plant info and a very good planner, that allows you to specify what you are growing, where and then update the info when it has been sown, planted out, treated, harvested and cleared. It also allows you to add anything that you are growing that isnt in the 150 plant database, and specify lots of things about it aswell as load in a piccy of it!

There's also a fab recipie organiser that you can also add your own recipies to, which also allows you to search by ingredients too, which is useful!

Good reports screen too, to let you know what you planted, germination rate, yields and notes.

Negatives, its not easy to get to grips with, I've had it crash twice and it doesnt look as tho its going to be easy to do crop rotation without re-entering the data (or editing it). Since restarting it I've had no further problems, and it does seem to do what its supposed to!

Overall its not bad, but could be better! 6 or 7 out of 10 I recon!
    Last edited by Mrs Dobby; 12-01-2007, 07:07 PM.
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X