Wanted - mixing bowl with lid

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - mixing bowl with lid

I am looking for a large mixing bowl with a liquid proof lid. My one from Tupperware, bought probably 20 years ago is fading fast.

(Some might remember, it was orange, and demonstrated as one where you could put your ingredients in, shake and it would be mixed, though I was never too successful at that)

The lid doesn't fit properly anymore, and the rim is cracked. It will still hold a 1.5kg bread mix, but the plastic is getting bubbled too, so I would love a new one. I haven't seen anything like it at all, so I thought I'd ask if any grapes have any suggestions for a replacement.
    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

This site may help...

Tupperware
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Our local pound shop does bowls with lids, but don't know if they would be big enough, and obviously not as sturdy or long lasting as good old Tupperware.

Comment

Lakeland, the home of creative kitchenware

This also may help.
        Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Pampered chef do a nice 2 litre glass jug and lid or a batter bowl. Not cheap but nice stuff.
          Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

No hole for ingredients but very pretty colours

Set of 4 Mixing Bowls with Lids on eBay (end time 15-Sep-09 16:18:47 BST)

Not as pretty but cheaper

Tupperware Huge Blue Bowl with lid 27 cm on eBay (end time 30-Aug-09 11:44:52 BST)
            Last edited by lizzylemon; 29-08-2009, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone, I didn't realise the Tupperware company still traded in the UK, but I've found my bowl in their catalogue! It's £17.50, which is a bit more than I paid for the original The only thing is, it looks like I need to find a Tupperware consultant to order it. Party time anyone?
              I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
              Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I bought one of those bowls in the late 70's to use with my hand mixer, thinking about it I'm not even sure were it went to in the end.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Ikea do a huge blue mixing bowl with a lid. We use it for baking and it's big enough that we can then store the baked items in the bowl.

Costs about £4
                  Last edited by funstuie; 31-08-2009, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Try Lakeland, previously known as Lakeland Plastics, their website was posted earlier
                    Or Nisbets Next Day Catering Equipment They are a catering supplier, but will supply individuals

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X