These Boots are Made for Walking

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These Boots are Made for Walking

I've been toying with the idea of getting myself some wellies for the lottie and garden for a while no, rather than mess up normal shoes...

What does everyone recomend. Wellies or something different (like doc martins...) I also sometime have problems with shoe size as I'm a dinky size 3
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Go for some wellies Shortie, not only do they do the job, but make you feel like a proper gardenener to boot too!

I've several pairs of walking boots that I used to use when we first started on our plot, (including some German Para Boots that are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn, and are fab for hill walking too!) but they are just a little too much bother, especially when you want to go home at the end of a long day, wellies just slip off, boots have to be de-laced first!
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

What make do you use of Wellie Mrs D?
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Try rigger boots shortie, they are waterproof like wellies but are generally lined and therefore are much warmer and more comfortable than wellies.

Comment

Cheers Piglet... And there's somewhere quite local to me that might sell them too... I'll take a wander that was soon
          Shortie

Comment

Cheapo Dunlop Originals from Wyevale, 3/4 leg length, very comfy and have a heel tag that makes it easy to get them off when covered in muck!
            Blessings
            Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
            Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
            Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
            On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Agree with the above post about rigger boots - mine are an old site pair with fur lining, a bit tatty looking now but snug and warm and have the added benefit that they're safety shoes so I don't need to worry about dropping things on my toe - probably not a problem for most of you but I'm a clumsy type at times! Too warm for summer but it tends to be drier then so make use with an old pair of trainers or a pair of those gardening clogs somebody bought me last year, very handy if you need to nip out the back to harvest etc but probably not so useful on the lotty.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Buy them a bit big and wear two pairs of socks cos your toese will freeze in winter.
                My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I have rigger boots too for work and they are my boot of choice for dry or damp conditions, and they are easy to get on and off - no wet and muddy laces to deal with at the end of the day. I stand in water all day at work so wellies are best for me -have steel toecapped safety pair for work and a pair of Chameau wellies that I was given by the laird of a castle I worked at for eighteen months - they are used in the garden - dead warm and comfy and leather lined with full length zip - however, if I had to buy them I could not possibly justift the near £200 price tag.
                  Rat

British by birth
                  Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                  http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Never knew you could buy wellies for £200! How the other half live eh? Never had a freebie like that with my work.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

£200 for wellies??? Good God!!

I will stick with my dead comfy leather trainers.
                      [

Comment

I have some funky "gardening shoes" similar to the ones on the link
                        Click here

Like mini wellies really and easy to get off when dirty

Comment

If I had thought of it I'd have got some rigger boots
                          Theres some nice ones on Ebay there in your watch list mrs D
                          nice fur lined
                          Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
                          Dobby

Comment

I use Riggers as well. Handy as they have a steel plate in the bottom so no problems with Nails coming thru the bottom & steel toe caps.
                            ntg
                            Never be afraid to try something new.
                            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                            ==================================================

Comment

My recomendation is something you can wash down with the hose,can you do that to riggers??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X