New Board!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Board!

Due to popular demand, we have the recommendations board! Do you know of an exceptionally great cookbook, a great remedy to garden pests or a broom that has latest forever "I've maintained this broom for 20 years, it's had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time." Trigger (only fools and horses), then put it here!
    Last edited by Dave; 24-11-2006, 11:59 AM.

Excellent stuff Dave (I was trying to play a pun on Trigger calling Rodney Dave... but I think it got lost a bit... oh well)
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Thanks for the new board Dave!!
      [

Comment

Thanks Dave, although Trigger's broom sounds like a dwarfs axe.
        Bright Blessings
        Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Is this not a derivation of Nics idea for a library section?
          If so, well done Nic and well done to all at GYO forum (incliuding Mods) for implementing it!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Yes indeed it is Nicks idea Snadger. I just changed it a little so that it would include all recommendations and not just books and music. Enjoy everyone!
            Last edited by Lesley Jay; 24-11-2006, 05:12 PM.
            [

Comment

Whoohoo!! Thanks all those who made the new Board possible, will be great to be able to look at everyones recommendations when looking to buy something!

Is it ok to post in it to ask for recommendations aswell?
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

I hope so, Mrs D, cos I already have (sort of).
                Bright Blessings
                Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

What was the last CD you bought

Thanks for the board Dave, and will I be the first to make a recommendation.

If you like your music in a more classical style,but not too heavy, then the recent released CD by All Angels called Angels could be for you. I love music in all styles, and really enjoy this one. You can hear clips on Amazon where you can buy it for £7.99 or thereabouts.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Excellent idea! We have lots of experience and recommendations here on the Vine so it will be good to have one specific area to share them. Dexterdog
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

So where are all the recommendations now that we have this board

Comment

We have a few started Alice

Maybe everyone's being a bit shy?
                        Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

I cant really offer many gardening recommendations, as I'm fairly new this time around to GYO, but I can do some on cookery stuff if anyones interested?
                          Blessings
                          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                          Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                          Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                          On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Don't be shy - as if you would.

I thought the recommendations were for books, CD's, DVD's and anything else we liked we wanted to recommend to other grapes. I've already put in a plug for All Angels. Come on. What is everyone else listening to, reading, watching,eating, donating money to, buying, giving for gifts............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X