Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Half-hour Allotment

Hi All,
    I've just seen an advert for the Half-hour Allotment book and as it's quite expensive I thought I would try to get some feedback as to whether it was any good/worth it.

I'm very much a beginner at growing my own, I started this summer and have very little advise as I'm in my own garden not an allotment. This website is a great help but I thought a book may also be a good idea.

Any thought would be appreciated.
    Caroline

I saw it recommended in a magazine I bought and had wondered what it was like - seem to remember you could get it heavily reduced at amazon at the time but not sure that's still ongoing.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Hi caroline

Hope it's okay but I've moved this across now to our new Grape Recommendations board

Cheers
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

I bought this book. It's a good read, with lots of photos, to help me dream of summer days...

I've found the most useful bit is the section on "growing the right amount of the best varieties".

Most of the information is quite similar to other allotment books (I'm thinking of the one by Andi Clevely, which I also bought). No idea yet if the advice is useful, as I've not long taken on half an allotment and I'm more or less sorted now for winter. Roll on spring...
        http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

Whos the half hour book by???

Comment

LIa Leendertz.
            The publisher is the RHS.
            http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Caroline
              I have hardly used it, and if I remember rightly it was going for "high value" crops that cost a lot in the shops, whereas I wanted to grow things regardless of what they cost in the shops. Of all the recent Allotment books, I think the Andi Cleverly is the best one.
              Sue

Comment

try and get it from your local library first.

I'm reading a couple of allotments books at the mo from my local one.
                Good, but glad i dint buy them.
                Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
                  try and get it from your local library first.

I'm reading a couple of allotments books at the mo from my local one.
                  Good, but glad i dint buy them.
                  Good thinking seasprout. I'm not a great library goer, in-fact having just moved to the area I don't even know where it is - but I'll check it out . Many thanks, Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by Sue View Post
                    Hi Caroline
                    I have hardly used it, and if I remember rightly it was going for "high value" crops that cost a lot in the shops, whereas I wanted to grow things regardless of what they cost in the shops. Of all the recent Allotment books, I think the Andi Cleverly is the best one.
                    Sue
                    Thanks for this recommendation Sue. I think I'll try seasprouts suggestion and check this one out in the library as well. Many thanks Caroline

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X