Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hay Max hayfever balm - anyone tried it?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hay Max hayfever balm - anyone tried it?

Hi all

Has anyone tried the HayMax balm (advert on p62 of April issue)?
    Was thinking of giving it a go, but at £6+ for a tiny pot, was wondering what people think of it

cheers

Hi, I've moved your post into Recommendations as it seemed to fit better there

Comment

I haven't tried it, but know somebody who swears by it. £6 does sound rather steep! I've heard that if you eat local honey this will help build up your resistance. It has to be from your local area though. I've just managed to get hold of some and am going to see if it works on my hay fever.

Comment

I think Vaseline smeared inside your nostrils does the same job - of trapping pollen before you breathe it in
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

My OH tried the local honey thing last summer and his heyfever was almost nonexistent. But maybe that was due to the dismal summer instead....

Comment

I heard that if you want to do the honey thing, you need to start using it a month before the pollen season to build up imunity, immunity, immunnity, oh sod it, resistance. No harm starting now though. Spent all day today feeling sorry for myself, sniffing and sneezing the corner at work. Didn't stop me going for a walk across the fields behind work at lunchtime. Regretted it for hours after, but was lovely and sunny.
            BW
            James

I like to try, might not get far, but I like to try.

Comment

I think i remember seeing something similar in Boots - not sure how much it cost though

Comment

I got a free pot from Boots last year. They were giving them away with some hayfever remedy. It was okay. I think vaseline smeared round the inside of your nostrils would have the same effect. It smelt a wee bit like Plasticine used to, back in the day!

Don't know if I pay £6 for it though.

Comment

Bought some for my son last year but think its expensive for what it is. I agree with the others, Vaseline does the same job for a fraction of the price.
                  Did the honey thing this year for my son, it seems to have helped a lot.
                  Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

I've tried vaseline, local honey and anything else I can think of . The thing that works for me is the Lloyds Allergy reliever which is a two pronged thing that goes up your nose, you turn it on and your nose glows red. Totally ridiculous really but works extremely well in this house, my daughter uses it too. Cost about £15 but I now don't need many anti-histamine.

Lots of reviews on various forums if you google, it is the same principle as Medinose which costs a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittypickle View Post
                      I've tried vaseline, local honey and anything else I can think of . The thing that works for me is the Lloyds Allergy reliever which is a two pronged thing that goes up your nose, you turn it on and your nose glows red. Totally ridiculous really but works extremely well in this house, my daughter uses it too. Cost about £15 but I now don't need many anti-histamine.

Lots of reviews on various forums if you google, it is the same principle as Medinose which costs a lot more.
                      Oh yes, we have one of these... it is totally ridiculous, but, somehow, does actually work!

We also have an air purifier in the bedroom for when I am really bad, another Lloyds product, was about £15 also.

Comment

Haymax was great

I was using haymax and it was fantastic for alleviating my hayfever and also my dust allergies. Only thing is it doesnt last long so I now use sinubalm instead which is far better value and works just the same.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X