Fleece bedding

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleece bedding

As I was changing the bed this morning I put my finger through one of my pillow cases. It has literally just about worn out and I hadn't noticed. Anyway while thinking replacement bedding I saw fleece quilt covers, sheets, etc. I wondered if anyone had tried them and if so would they recommend them.

I can imagine snuggling down into soft fleece but at the same time in the back of my mind I have these horrific memories of 1970s bright orange brushed nylon sheets that ended up shrinking and curling up in the middle of the bed by morning and felt truly awful against the skin.

We have two fleece quilt covers, bought from Lidl (I believe - Mr Snoop does the shopping, so not entirely sure) before all the environmental worries about fleece shedding particles in the wash. Not sure we'd buy them today on those grounds. That said, they are very snuggly and instantly warm to the touch when you get into bed. Mr Snoop loves them. As do the cats.

They (the quilt covers, not the cats) don't shrink in the wash or anything like that. However, you do build up a bit more static electricity, so have to get used to the occasional discharge shock. They also get much heavier with water than cotton in the washing machine, but Mr Snoop does the laundry, so I'm rarely aware of the problem. I presume he has to balance the cover with lots of small items in the machine. Overall, though, as Mr Snoop likes them and is our arbiter in such matters, they get the thumbs up in our household.

Comment

I’ve seen them & been tempted too. I’ve done something warm here,I just put a fleece blanket over my bed sheet & pillow so when me or our cat lays on the bed it’s warm,it’s really nice when you get in because it’s warm straight away. The pillow gets a bit warm tho after a while (unless it’s just my head that gets really hot)

Comment

My son has them. He says they get far too hot and sweaty for him.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

This is the first time I’ve heard of them, but I’ll be sticking with my cotton bedding then we have an old Witney wood blanket to throw on top when winter gets here.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I've just ordered a new brushed cotton quilt cover and pillow cases in the end to collect in the morning. Several reasons, partly because I liked the pattern, partly because I think they'll feel warmer than normal cotton but I do like cotton. I know that I'll need another set soon as I bought the last two around the same time but I'll see what I think of this set before I decide. I'm presuming they're going to feel similar to what as a child we called winceyette.

Comment

They'll be comfy, GF. We got fleece pillowslips with the quilt covers but don't like them and I'm not sure I'd fancy fleece as a sheet. I didn't know brushed cotton quilt covers were available. I shall see if I can find them here. Thanks.

Edited: Amazon have them. But prohibitively priced at 350 euros apiece... Will stick with what we've got, I think.
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 10-10-2022, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221010-083430_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	2552820
                This is the one I'm going to collect shortly..... £26 for Kingsize.

Comment

A bargain, GF. Looks good.

Edited: Just spotted brushed cotton bedding on M&S's Spain site. Might make a good festive season gift from us to us. Thanks for mentioning it.
                  Last edited by Snoop Puss; 10-10-2022, 08:20 AM.

Comment

We only have one king sized duvet cover now, so we need another too.
                    * wonders if a new duvet cover would be an acceptable birthday gift for OH?…I guess it wouldn’t get the wow factor result I’d be hoping for!

I grew up with candy stripe flannelette sheets. Well - I thought they were flannelette. …..without googling, does anyone know the difference between flannelette and wincyette and brushed cotton ?
                    Whatever they were, they were cosy on cold winter nights.

Remember nylon sheets? Utter yuk!

Like your choice there gf x

Comment

Oh….forgot to say that I was researching linen duvet covers….and totally gave up once I realised the prices

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Oh….forgot to say that I was researching linen duvet covers….and totally gave up once I realised the prices
                        Judging what linen skirts/dresses look like on me after ten minutes I think my bed would look awful after a whole night of linen bedding.....I would probably win the Turner prize for it.

Comment

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Judging what linen skirts/dresses look like on me after ten minutes I think my bed would look awful after a whole night of linen bedding.....I would probably win the Turner prize for it.

Brilliant.

Nicos, you might find that you can import into France from M&S in the same way that I can into Spain. Have a look here and see if it changes to your country.
                          https://www.marksandspencer.com/en-es/home

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            I grew up with candy stripe flannelette sheets. Well - I thought they were flannelette. …..without googling, does anyone know the difference between flannelette and wincyette and brushed cotton ?
                            Whatever they were, they were cosy on cold winter nights.
                            I think wincyette is a brand name for flanelette, like vaccuum cleaner and hoover, and flanelette is a fancy name for brushed cotton. Wasn't flannel originally made of wool? So I guess flannelette is cotton made to feel like wool

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X