No announcement yet.

Seed Saving - good books and web links?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seed Saving - good books and web links?

As well as being interested in moon planting I'm also becoming more and more interestedin seed saving, I know the basics but does anyone have any tips, good books to read or web links?
    www.alifelesssimple.wordpress.com Up-dated Regularly

Biodynamic grower in training

Real Seeds company has a lot of information about saving seed on their website and they include instructions on how to save seed for any that you order from them. Check out: How To Save Seed

Comment

I asked the same question in the middle of a thread the other day and Flum recommended me 'Back Garden Seed Saving' by Sue Stickland. I've ordered it based on her advice with some Christmas money but not got it yet. She also said she has 'Breed Your Own Vegetable Varieties' by Carol Deppe which covers some seed saving but said that the first one tells you all you need to know.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

... and recommends the second one if you are a total nutter and don't have enough to do! Sould come with a warning! I can't stop!!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I can only say, whatever type of seeds you are saving. first of all make sure they are completely dry, and secondly storew them in brown paper bags or envelopes out of the light.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I will bump this thread again in a couple of days. A friend of mine lent me a fantastic book on seed saving, so will get the title and author and put it on here for you.
            Bob Leponge
            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X