Recommend me a stick blender

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a stick blender

I want to buy a stick blender and the choice is somewhat overwhelming. I don't want an all-singing, all-dancing affair in the £100's, just something that will purée soups, whisk eggs, chop herbs in average amounts. I've decided a max of 5 speeds, but probably more than 1 speed, stainless steel shaft bit, as plastic stains (thinking tomatoes here) irremovably. A fairly robust motor so it isn't prone to overheat after 5 seconds use.
    So far, I've picked out 3 that seem to be OK
    This one seems cheap for what it does. Then there's this one which has 2 speeds, and this one which has 20 speeds which seems a bit excessive, but it has a nice sleek look.
    Can anyone recommend a better choice, what does everyone use and how good is it?
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Hard to say - I have an expensive metal one ( Braun )which is years old and just keeps going. I like that it copes with hot food ( have to be careful not to splash myself of course)
    The cheaper one (Lidl) has a plastic upper part and a smaller blade.
    They are both 13-20 years old so I can’t complain although I choose to go for the metal one mainly because of the fact that inside the chopping head it’s flat. No food gets lodged inside. The other one needs a bit of picking out when cleaning.

They never seem to show the inside of the head ( domed/flat and size of blade)

Who needs 20 speeds?

I only ever used my upright beaker /jug when preparing small quantities - I have whisks and small coffee type blenders so would never use the added bits and pieces.

Which would I go for?…hmm….I’d want to see inside the head first tbh!
    Last edited by Nicos; 18-11-2021, 05:38 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

My first one was a reject from one of the elderly in-laws. I used it until it gave up the ghost. I now have a tefal that I bought at a local discount shop. It really does the job. It was not expensive and includes the whisk and little grinder bowl thing. ( 2 speed only). If it died tomorrow I would replace it immediately if not before. I might cook from scratch but if help is available, yes please.

Comment

Brought this one 18 months ago very pleased with it. Use it for making soup, thickening cream & pesto.

Tower T12014 Stick Hand Blender with Variable Speed Control, Durable Stainless Steel Blades, Dual Speed Settings, Ergonomic Design, 300 W, Black

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X