Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydropod Propagators

These look good.
    Does anyone have any experience of them please?
    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Don't think I'm into that I only use a prop to germinate seeds, not to grow them on, seems an expensive way to grow stuff to me.

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
      Don't think I'm into that I only use a prop to germinate seeds, not to grow them on, seems an expensive way to grow stuff to me.
      It's not for growing on, it's for cuttings. Commercial bods use mist.

https://www.greenhousesensation.co.u...stomer-reviews
      Last edited by DannyK; 09-08-2021, 11:15 AM.
      Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

The one I looked at was used for growing in the winter like lettuce, it had built in lights on it
        Hydropod Propagator — Two Wests & Elliott Ltd

Comment

It says on that Two Wests page "Improve your cuttings propagation success rate the professional way with our electric
          Hydropod Cuttings Propagator."!

Too expensive for rabbit food!

Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

An old apple box with a piece of horticultural glass on top worked for decades, think it's too late to convert me now lol.

Comment

I got one as a gift last Christmas - great success with rooting cuttings (geranium, salvia, rosemary, lavender). Going to try more things soon Was bought for me as I would never spend them money on it but it looked like I would have fun with it - and I have!

Comment

Originally posted by B Porcupine View Post
                I got one as a gift last Christmas - great success with rooting cuttings (geranium, salvia, rosemary, lavender). Going to try more things soon Was bought for me as I would never spend them money on it but it looked like I would have fun with it - and I have!
                That's it, I'm going to get one. All the money I've saved from not smoking covers these little luxuries! My recent attempts with salvias failed badly.
                I've had their quadgrows and heated seed propagator for many years and they've done sterling service.

By geraniums, do you mean the hardy ones or pelargoniums?
                Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Good for you Danny, you deserve to spend your saved cash on something you'll enjoy.

I have quadgrows and chilligrows from Greenhouse Sensation and they are very good.
                  Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

i think if i was gifted one, i would definitely use it... however, as thats quite unlikely, i think i'll just struggle on without for now!

They do look good though and i think anything that helps with cuttings is a good idea (i dont have the best of luck, most just end up as a wilty mess or being pulled up to inspect the roots either by Mrs D or my 2 year old.
                    Last edited by Peteyd; 21-08-2021, 07:08 AM.
                    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                    - Henry Beard

Comment

Follow-up: bought a whole bunch of salvias at a plant fair and grew some rather sexy coleus (hey, I think so) that I want to keep going, so we took cutting and they did very well in the hydropod (I have a light I normally put on my propagator, so that is place now due to low light). Great results - even the OH who gifted it is enjoying this - keeps checking the cuttings daily . Just keep potting them up as they are ready up and are growing on well. I am just waiting on the last batch to finish shotting out roots

Danny K: I erred and meant pelargoniums, sorry for the lazy terminology. In early spring, I will do my pelargoniums that were brought in, just to have some fresh plants for the summer

Comment

I have some fatsias and some begonia leaf cuttings doing well.

I'm surprised you've done pelargoniums as usually they don't like humidity. I find the trick with them is to leave them to callous for a day or two and put them in very gritty compost.

Coleus will strike if you put them in same room as a jar of water!

The salvias I want to do haven't any good non-flowering stems, very frustrating.
                        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X