Garden fork recommendation for short woman

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden fork recommendation for short woman

I've had a number of forks over the years, most of them plastic handled, so they readily crack, and not all very suitable as the shafts have been too long. Forks aren't used here that much (the locals prefer azadas), but I quite like them. I've seen one here, but it's meant for blokes over 2 m tall, plus it has a plastic handle.

A friend has offered to bring one over for me from the UK in his car, so I'm looking for recommendations for a garden fork for a woman 1.5 m / 5 foot tall. I'd gladly buy a spare shaft too for future repairs, as I think this might be last opportunity to get a decent fork.

Should have added that its main task will be to dig up deep rooted weeds rather than digging over large areas. So I'm guessing strength of the shaft will be a factor.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 11-11-2020, 08:45 AM.

This looks a good one and at 104 (3 foot and a bit) not too long, it's a border fork but well made
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kent-Stowe-...QFK9YT558J14J6

Comment

Thanks, Bernie. That looks a beauty. I'll start a list of potentials. That's number one.
      Hadn't thought of the usefulness of a long 'crank', so will bear that in mind as a criterion.

Comment

Kent and stoe forks are much cheaper at Dobbies.
        I bought one at the end of last year after a cheap one with a plastic handle gave up rapidly.
        The one I bought actually had a knot hiding in the shaft socket and failed. Dobbies replaced it in an instant once I showed them what had happened.
        Shifting over a cubic meter of couch grass roots in heavy clay soil is a tough job and this showed up a small flaw that may well have gone unnoticed in a less challenging situation
        It was under £20 on special offer and sorting out the problem was a lot easier than it would have been if I had bought on line.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5898E.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	2511841
        Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Thanks, Plot70. I'll have a look there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts