Left handed tools.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left handed tools.

I am a left hander. At home the only things I really struggle with are scissors (I've actually bought left handed ones) and tin openers (I struggle).
    At the allotment it's a different story. I find pull starts difficult to use. I can start my Mantis as it pulls easily although I probably look like a contortionist. I have never found a pull start brushcutter, strimmer, water pump or generator I can start easily however (some are just impossible). In fact I could never use a petrol strimmer at all. (just beyond being a contortionist). I would never dare try a chainsaw!!!
    I just wondered if there were any other "lefties" on the forum and if there are left handed pull starters (or adapters) or how other people adapt. Please bear in mind I am also a nine stone odd weakling. Thank goodness hoes, rakes forks etc are made for either hand.

I'm corky, but can use both hands for most things, comes in handy when fly casting if you can use both arms, I have never bought anything specifically for left handers. My shot guns were straight stocked rather then handed, mind I'm left handed but right eyed.......................born awkward apparently lol.
    If I'm not on here, I'm probably fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
      I'm corky, but can use both hands for most things, comes in handy when fly casting if you can use both arms, I have never bought anything specifically for left handers. My shot guns were straight stocked rather then handed, mind I'm left handed but right eyed.......................born awkward apparently lol.
      I must have been born awkward too. Left handed, left footed, right eyed as I discovered when I "borrowed" my husbands airgun to sort out some rats.

Comment

A leftie here as well,
        My golf clubs are for alefthander.
        With all other gadgets I just adapted.
        I was of the generation that were slapped in school for being a leftie.
        It didnt do any good, I still write with my left hand.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
          I was of the generation that were slapped in school for being a leftie.
          Me to Bramble but luckily I went home at lunchtime so I still use a knife in my left hand.

Comment

Luckily I was left to myself in the classroom as I could already read and write when I started school and the teacher was young and probably had bigger problems but yes I was made to use my knife and fork the "normal" way. I remember various older relatives commenting on my gawkiness. The only thing I use totally right handed is a computer mouse as when I first used one the only space for a mouse mat on the desk was to the right of the computer (immovable, weighed a ton) and there was no choice.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X