Cordless Strimmer ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless Strimmer ?

I finally got on my new allottment today and the grass was well and truly run over. I borrow one of those push along grasscutters but it wasn't upto the job. Thankfully there was a chappy there with an electric strimmer so I offered to give him some money to strim back the grass on my patch which he kindly did.

It looks so much better now but has me wondering if I should buy my own. Another lady on the site said she bought a cordless strimmer from Argos, just wondered if anyone else out there had bought one and was it any good ?

Thanks
    I'm new to veggies, but trying !

We have a petrol strimmer / bush cutter which we bought in the sale in B&Q, I think. Can't remember what type it is but we went for petrol as they tend to be more meaty than the cordless ones which I have been told run out of power pretty quickly. Some people may be able to advise better though.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Petrol strimmer for us too - electric ones just weren't powerful enough and charge didn't last long.
      Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

I hate grass!
        I've got rid of most of mine, and replaced with - well, just about anything else really, that doesn't need continual mowing.

For the odd bits that are left (the central strip on the lane) I use shears - quicker than getting a strimmer up and running & put away again.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I have a cordless strimmer and can reccomend one for striming paths on a regular basis. Also good for new nettle growth. No good at all for rough grass, brambles etc.

Comment

I couldn't for the life of me think how a cordless strimmer would work.......................then it dawned on me, it's not the strimming cord you lot are on about!!!!!

Two stroke brushcutters with the serrated blade are brilliant but can be lethal in the wrong hands!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Got a Ryobi petrol strimmer. I love it, it goes until I run out of petrol which is good cos my plot is pretty wild at times.
              Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X