Natural Remedy for Cats UTI's

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Remedy for Cats UTI's

Hi Does anyone have any natural/herbal solutions for recurrant cystitis for cats please.

Im quite desperate now, had 3 lots of antibiotics and she is peeing in different places in the house now! and is tormented

The next step is scans etc !!!££££

you didn't mention the age of your cat?

although I am all for natural remedies, the vet is best in this instance as it could be stones, also do not feed dry food and ensure a constant supply of fresh water ( you probrably already know that but you haven't said much)
    I have had younger cats get over it on their own, but still wouldn't recommend it.
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Bailey is 2. Yeh I've followed the advice of 2 litter boxes, antibiotics, I just think the next visit to the vets will be scans etc. I think I might drop another sample of at the vets for them to check it before I book her in again.

Comment

3 lots of antibiotics????

Hasn't the vet sent off a sample of urine to see if it is indeed a wee infection???

Sounds like stones/crystals to me too!
        If you see any blood in the urine or she stops peeing....Emergency visit is required!

Hope it's sorted soon.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

My cat had crystals in his urine about 5 years ago. It was horrible, he couldn't control where and when he wee'd because his urethra was blocked. It just dribbled out and stank. He had to have a couple of nights stay at the vet, be catheterised, anti-b's, painkillers and special food for a month. Still don't feed him biscuit even now as the vet said that was one of the worst causes as cats aren't big drinkers.
          Last edited by kirsty b; 23-09-2008, 09:54 PM.
          Kirsty b xx

Comment

BARF diet. Cheaper than most pet foods if you get the butcher's scraps and infinitely more healthy for your cat. I had three cats on this and they all thrived on it, including one who had previously had a UTI.

BARF = Bones and Raw Foods. I didn't follow the 'recipes' in the books (although I did buy a couple of books), but tried to mimick what a cat's natural diet would be, so used poultry (chicken carcasses and wings - legs if your cat is very keen!) and offal. This can either be bought in bulk via the butcher/supermarket, or online through organic suppliers. Most of my poultry was butcher scraps, though, from when they've made a bad cut and so don't sell it over the counter. I added bonemeal for extra vits and mins, plus peas, carrots and left over veg from us (cut into tiny pieces and mixed with the offal). I also added crushed eggshell sometimes. I wasn't too strict about adding a bit of everything, sometimes a meal would just be offal, sometimes two chicken wings (don't forget the bone marrow contains a wealth of nutrients), sometimes a piece of liver/heart only. You only need about a 1/3 the volume of pet food, which makes the portions look very small, but pet foods are mostly 'fillers' such as ash.

Comment

Cheers for that. Did your cats have UTI's before that?

Comment

Hi NSB,
                One of them had cystitis, which was treated with antibiotics. All I know is that not one of the animals had anything wrong after movingg to BARF. The dog in particular benefitted, as he came to us with itchy sensitive skin and an even more sensitive tum. His farts could clear a room, but they all but vanished when he switched to BARF and his skin and coat grew to be fantastic! His poos were much better too, as he had the correct amount of fibre. Best of all - they didn't smell!! Remember those solid white poos you saw as a kid? Our dog started to produce those! No more anal gland trouble, either.

Comment

My dog and cats just went over to a RAW diet this weekend, they are loving it so far, and its so easy to do after a bit of research too!
                  Vive Le Revolution!!!
                  'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                  Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X