Another free container resource!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another free container resource!

Just been to my local Wyvale and took advantage of the 50p seed clearance - kept my purchases to just 12 packs!

At the entrance my eagle eyes noticed a large palette container filled with used and seemingly discarded plastic pots - a few broken - but all shapes and sizes.

I'm now brave enough to 'ask' if they are going to be dumped or recycled and offered to recycle some for them. The lady on the till said that was fine and to help myself!

So do keep an eye out for them - you've nothing to lose by asking.

I managed to get 2 quite large ones - would cost £2-3 if fancy green or terracotta brown from supermarket - double capacity of a flower bucket and stronger plastic - plus a few which were 3/4 size of a flower bucket. All for free and now residing in a v.good new home.
    Last edited by quark1; 29-08-2008, 05:12 PM.

well done!
    It's criminal that this stuff is just dumped in landfill, while the householder gets a fine for putting the wrong stuff in their wheely bins.
    Perhaps Govt should introduce a Freecycle for all retailers?
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Arrrggggghhhhhhhhh! Stop talking about Wyevales 50p seeds! I think I feel a trip coming on tomorrow

But wanted to add that our local Wyevales do this too but have a big sign up saying it's a 'Pot Recycling' Bin' so that people know to put unwanted pots in ther and that they can also help themselves
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X