Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree surgeon in Surrey/Middlesex area

Hi all
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good tree surgeon in the Surrey/Middlesex area. I have quite a few trees in my garden and I have worries about a few of them. I have a eucalyptus which has brown bumps on the leaves and some of the branches are dying, a beautiful cherry tree, which has a gaping wound and which hasn't produced a good crop for the first time in years and a plum tree which failed to fruit about three years ago. I thought I might splash out and pay for someone who really knows what they are doing as I seriously seriously don't want to be losing these trees. I loast an old cooking apple a couple of years ago and the impact on my garden was catastrophic. Can anyone help please?

Jools

Hi jools. Sorry I've not replied earlier but only just noticed this thread. I can't recommend a tree surgeon in your area (I'm in Nottinghamshire). However, if you contact your local council they should be able to supply you with a list of approved arboriculturists. I have a huge walnut tree that has a tree preservation order on it. I have to ask for planning permission just to have it pruned. Only tree surgeons on the councils 'approved' list are allowed to do the work. The chap at county hall is always very helpful and if your council works in a similar way to ours will be very knowledgable about trees (not just a paper shuffling prat) and will be able to advise you.
    It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

I know you want recommendations, but, as I don't live in your area, one in amongst this lot might fit the bill: tree surgeon Surrey/Middlesex - Google Search

Comment

Oh dear, only just seen this. If you haven't got it sorted, send me a message. I heartily recommend Mattree. He's a lovely lad, hard working and does a good job. His name is Matt Barton and he travels from Brockham. You should find his number on t'interweb, but let me know if you need it.

Comment

If you are still looking for a tree surgeon, make sure they have adequate public liability insurance! There's a lot of well-meaning people out there who might well do a fair job, but if anything goes wrong they aren't covered and guess who has to foot the bill then...

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Matt has 5m I think. That should cover it, lol!

Comment

Oh yes - sorry, I wasn't making a pointed comment! 5mill is adequate I'd say! I posted that comment just in case anyone was reading this thread for advice in their own area.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X