'Aga' style cookers that run the C/H?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi, guys
    I picked up my woodburning cooker from Trade-it for £75 it had twin boilers one for c/h and one for hot water ,we have now had the gas removed from house, the cooker cost
    nothing to run fule can be obtaind from skips and woodlands BUT GET PERMISSION FIRST
    also go to your localtradeing est and see if you can get any busted pallets it might intell
    a little work but boy its worth it
    best wishes laurence

Comment

My son and son in law (SIL is a plumber) are coming over in a fortnight to install my Rayburn. SIL has done plenty of research for me and assures me that it will do my cooking, DHW and CH.
      Have read all of this with interest, as I originally wanted a woodburner. The Rayburn I got for free by the way, is a gas burner, I have a gas tank in the garden so thought it would be easiest in the end.
      I shall hopefully take some before and after pix and gloat if its wonderful, or sulk if it isnt.

Homesick in Sudan
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

How could it not be wonderful Bob!? Yes please to pics (although I may have to spend a lot of money and then set about my kitchen with a hammer if it looks so good that I MUST have one of my own ).
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

My parents have a Tirolia woodburning stove which was new about 27 years ago.This does all of their heating,runs 7 radiators,hot water as much as they want and all of their cooking.As soon as this was fitted they had their mains gas disconnected.They burn old pallets and any other wood that they can lay their hands on.

If only I could get one in here!!!
          Last edited by swampy; 10-11-2008, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jardiniere View Post
            I have a Godin Chatelaine which is a wood burning stove. It uses any kind of wood at all but oviously prefers oak dried for three years. It heats the parts of the house that we use in winter just by radiant heat and it has an oven and hot plates.I have a matching electric cooker next to it which i use in the summer.We heat water by an immersion heater.Our electric bill is about £45 a month (averaged over the year).The bill for wood that we buy from our wood man is approxinately £475 a year (average £40 a month over the year but we dont use it in summer) but we add to that with wood that we grow ourselves. we dont have gas or oil.i'm not sure how that compares - our house in engerland costs our daughters about £62 a month gas and elec (but thats going up right now by around 20%)but they are out all day at work so its not totally comparable .This is probably no use to anyone but i thought i'd share it anyway....................
            Hi I live in the Correze and have a Godin Chatelaine and have a little difficulty is knowing how the temperature compares with basisc temeratures i.e. gas ovens.
            Can you help please?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X