Gardening under plastic

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardening under plastic

I was kindly recommended this book on here and after searching around found that no one has written a thread on this excellent book.I assumed that it was going to be just about some ones experience and advice on growing in a poly tunnel.Well it's got that but also a lot more,I hadn't thought that the title also applies to growing "outside under plastic" and that "plastic" includes fleece and cloches as well.
    So in conclusion it's a great guide to gardening that provokes the reader to look at their plot from a slightly different angle and is for some one who doesn't have a poly tunnel as well as those that have,I would also stick my neck out and say , that if you are thinking of buying a tunnel,read this first.

I don't know how many times I have recommended Bernard Salt's Book on this site. It is one of the best books I have ever read Bernie and the most used book on my shelf.
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

what's the title as I am thinking of getting a polytunnel soon

Comment

Kimbo
        Its Gardening under Plastic by Bernard Salt ISBN 0-7134-8448-9.
        ~
        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by JennieAtkinson View Post
          Kimbo
          Its Gardening under Plastic by Bernard Salt ISBN 0-7134-8448-9.
          thanks for that

Comment

It's also out of stock on both Amazon and Play at the moment!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

BookBrain.co.uk - The smartest way to buy books on the web might be worth a look - it searches multiple book-selling sites for price / availability.

Please note that this link may take ages to come up, whilst Bookbrain does its search:

http://www.bookbrain.co.uk/pricesear...sbn=0713484489
              K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Hello Kristen,

Thanks for the tip re bookbrain site.
                Cheers

Danny

Comment

Why don't you see if your local library has it? I borrowed it from them before deciding whether to buy it - and, actually, I didn't find it as useful as I had hoped, so didn't buy it. That might be something to do with all the other books weighing down my shelves!
                  Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

Originally posted by JennieAtkinson View Post
                    I don't know how many times I have recommended Bernard Salt's Book on this site. It is one of the best books I have ever read Bernie and the most used book on my shelf.

Me too Jennie, In fact I read it sooo many time I haven't got the tunnel sorted yet

PS they have it advertised on the garden organic shop site

Bernard Salts book
                    Last edited by nick the grief; 28-08-2008, 12:47 PM.
                    ntg
                    Never be afraid to try something new.
                    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                    ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X