I'm after a new seed box

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm after a new seed box

I have decided to treat myself to a new seed box. I have several small ones at the mo that are acctually my tupperware lunchboxes from the kitchen! Has anyone seen a good one?
    x
    Tori

I have seen a good box in ikea - not exactly a seed box but a cube with 9 drawers in, they also do a 3 drawer one as well so you could cover the whole year. I am going to be getting myself one of each when pay day comes.

Comment

I'm using a huge biscuit tin with dividers. I've sorted out my seeds for sowing by month. Looks like February and March are going to be dead busy
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

I'm using a box which housed a PC accessory bundle from pc w***d a couple of years ago. It comes from

Really Useful Products Ltd - Select country

The one I've got is the 9 ltr with snap-side handles on the lid for £4.41 - online prices excellent but delivery seems a little steep - but if its what you want then I guess that's not so bad.

Comment

I use icecream containers with snap on lids after i have scoffed the icecream of course jacob marley
          Last edited by jacob marley; 24-08-2008, 07:32 PM.
          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I currently use an old chocolate tin, one of the round ones you get at xmas.
            But after a trip to Wyevale Garden Centre today, I have now outgrown the tin.

I have got a CD storage box from WHSmith a few months ago for something else, so may now start use it for seeds. It was only a couple of pounds in a sale.
            BW
            James

I like to try, might not get far, but I like to try.

Comment

I'm using an old plastic storage box, but this is the one I'm after for Christmas Buy Bulb and Seed Box : Delivery by Crocus.co.uk

Mrs J

Comment

I am using an expandable office file - it has 19 sections (alphabetised) which I have changed to every month, early and late peak months (march, april and may), one for holding seed envelopes at the back, one for empty packets to keep for reference while they grow, and one at the front for the collections packets I have acquired (like "the salad collection" from a mag, or a couple of cheapie ones like 4 types of brassicas) and it is all working very well so far.

Comment

Well I'm putting it around the family that I need a couple of Quality Street boxes - but they must be full!
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

i'm using a cd carry case, each page has 4 little pockets and the case has a handle for easy transport too. Easy!
                    www.myspace.com/alexfcooke
                    www.outofthecool.com
                    http://polytunneldiaries.blogspot.com/

Comment

am also useing toffee and chocolate tins,i get given the empties in the new year,they usefull for anything,when they new its cake delivery,packet biscuts,even been a bread bin,had two down the lottie 1 with spare cups&1 with little jars of tea coffee ext,when i done with em,out they go for OH into the garage,the specially made ones [did't know you could get them]look very expensive.
                      Last edited by lottie dolly; 04-10-2008, 08:33 AM.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I am just about to plan building one, My nieghbour found even more wood in the side shed, including 3 lovely , not sure what, ornament units??? nicely made and varnished a lovely cherry colour. I have stripped out the dividers from two, and they are now either 2 strawberry beds, or 1 carrot bed ( i can stack em on top of each other to increase the depth), and the narrower of the 3 I have kept, it is sitting here with me looking at it working out how to turn it into a seed holder with 12 divisions.
                        well thats my day sorted
                        Last edited by BrideXIII; 04-10-2008, 10:44 AM.
                        Vive Le Revolution!!!
                        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

i use an old show box that my gf got some rocket dog flat shoes in it so its only small im starting to worry though how quickly i will out grow it though as im starting to run out of space now as i start picking up end of season sale seeds etc
                          My Growing Blog

http://chookoppolis.wordpress.com

Comment

Too pleased with the outcome not to show it off, go on, get the hammer and nails out, you know you want to

took me an hour.
                            Attached Files
                            Vive Le Revolution!!!
                            'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                            Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

An old pigeon hole thingy from faulty Towers would do the job admirably!
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X