No announcement yet.

Copper Garden Trowel and Fork

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be cycling eventually, yep - it's 2 mins by the car, so atm I'm taking the tools up with me until the previous tennat gets rid of his junk from the shed. Or else it's mine (loads of tools in there). I've looked at making a bracket on my bike for a fork mind, i'll have to see if it interfers with my cycling (not been on a bike in about 5 years!) It cost my near enough £2k, so it's such a crime for it to sit doing nothing in the garage!

Comment

£2,000 and you baulk at £30 for a trowel! CM I am shocked - you're a proper bloke you are!
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
        They are made of bronze and are tough as old boots. When I told my other half about copper tools he scoffed (he has a metallurgy degree) "can't be copper - it's a soft metal". Now he's a convert and HE BOUGHT the hoe and weeder, so impressed was he by the trowel. I don't understand how bronze is copper but the website might tell you or I could ask my other half!
        Years ago when i used to have to work on gasholders (those bladdy great tank things that rise and fall depending on how much gas is in them) we were given a toolkit of phosphor bronze tools that don't spark apparently.
        It is hard stuff, as I remember chiselling through steel rivets with a bronze cold chisel and bronze hammer head!
        It was nice sharing the lift with a live canary though! A dead one and you just legged it!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
          £2,000 and you baulk at £30 for a trowel! CM I am shocked - you're a proper bloke you are!
          My bike was a means to an end! I cycled to work every day.. cheaper than buying a car and I was really into cycling

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            It was nice sharing the lift with a live canary though! A dead one and you just legged it!
            they still use live birds? Suprised the RSPCA isn't on the case [unless you're like well old? - in which case I don't mean offence, but I thought you were about 35? and by years you mean decades hehe!]

I thought they'd have some bit of kit that goes BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP! Then you get that feeling in your chest like you do when you're posting on forums, and realise that you've just updated over 60,000 order records - totalling over £1m of goods incorrectly, rather than just the 1 you were intending to. *cough*. No one ever did find out, but there were mutterings of a massive fall in sales - erm yeah, that feeling - you know in a second you either run or yer times up!

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
              they still use live birds? Suprised the RSPCA isn't on the case [unless you're like well old? - in which case I don't mean offence, but I thought you were about 35? and by years you mean decades hehe!]

I thought they'd have some bit of kit that goes BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP! Then you get that feeling in your chest like you do when you're posting on forums, and realise that you've just updated over 60,000 order records - totalling over £1m of goods incorrectly, rather than just the 1 you were intending to. *cough*. No one ever did find out, but there were mutterings of a massive fall in sales - erm yeah, that feeling - you know in a second you either run or yer times up!
              I AM like well old................ and for years read decades

I wouldn't have thought that with Tory cuts they could afford to employ a canary keeper these days anyway..............
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                Years ago when i used to have to work on gasholders (those bladdy great tank things that rise and fall depending on how much gas is in them) we were given a toolkit of phosphor bronze tools that don't spark apparently.
                It is hard stuff, as I remember chiselling through steel rivets with a bronze cold chisel and bronze hammer head!
                This trowel is tough and sharp. It's been chopping every weed in sight and slices clean through the soil. Hoped they let you keep your toolkit - now that would be worth working under ground maybe. A lot of my mother's lineage worked underground - Derbyshire and Leicestershire had a lot of pits at one time...
                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
                  My bike was a means to an end! I cycled to work every day.. cheaper than buying a car and I was really into cycling
                  You've still made me laugh!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X