Bread Maker?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bread Maker?

Following on from my bread issues (see Chitty Chatty) it seems the best way forward is to make my own. Gawd!

I did some initial research into machines but there is never a substitute for recommendations as most of the machines I looked at all said 'I'm superb buy me' - yer yer cos you are
    aka
    Suzie

Theres nothing like making your own, My wife used to make soda and potato bread!

Max.

Comment

Have a read of this thread Piskie - I think there were lots of different views on here...

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ines_4198.html
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

I recommend a Panasonic. It's well made and has worked faultlessly for nearly 2 years. It's used at least 3 times a week. I have only had one duff batch and that was my fault because I forgot to put the stirrer in. However, I have only had the one machine so I can't make comparisons.
        Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Panasonic seems to be coming up best

erm, thanks StG .... I'll print that lot (sorry trees, but I use used paper only) and read it in bed tonight
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
            Panasonic seems to be coming up best

erm, thanks StG .... I'll print that lot (sorry trees, but I use used paper only) and read it in bed tonight
            Blimey, is Snowdrop working nights?
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

On Grapes Recommendation we bought a Panasonic when our last one packed up a few months ago and it is the best one we have ever had - ours wear out as we use it daily, sometimes twice if I want bread for a pizza.
              ~
              Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
              ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

My Morphy Richards Fastbake is brilliant. I use it nearly every day. It does an amazing loaf in one hour 10 minutes!!! Less time than it takes me to go to Waitrose and back! Mine was Christmas pressie from sisters 2 years ago and still as new despite heavy use!
                I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Hi
                  Would it be worth baking a couple of loaves yourself [I know it is hard work kneading]; before you splash out on a breadmaker? Just its alot of cash to spend if you don't know for sure that it will help.

The panasonic is the way to go; mine was my mum's and if it goes [or when it finally goes] the next purchase will be the panasonic.

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                    Blimey, is Snowdrop working nights?
                    Dearest Snwodrop is too, erm, high up the ladder now to work nights, he has others to do that for him - it is called RHIP

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                    Hi
                    Would it be worth baking a couple of loaves yourself [I know it is hard work kneading]; before you splash out on a breadmaker?
                    oh indeedy it would - but see I'm not the sensible sister - LJM would do that, I would just go buy and then sell/give it away if it didn't suit me not a good attitude but an honest one
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

Oh you are so naughty...that's why we love ya

Comment

One thing to remember with bread machines (a lesson we learned only last week) is that power cuts are a major nuisance. We had a loaf set to bake overnight, and about 20 mins before it should have been finished, the power went off.
                        Fortunately I was able to turn out the part-baked loaf and finish it off in the gas oven. If it had been a bit earlier in the program (but after starting the 'bake' phase) there would have been no solution at all, just a wasted 'mix' , and no bread for breakfast....
                        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

We've had our Panasonic for about 4 years now, used at least 4 times a week and still going strong.. any bad loaves are due to the owner and not the machine :-).

It was about £120 when we bought it (there were others a lot cheaper) and we were told to avoid those with the window in the lid as this means they won't be an even temperature.., don't know if its true but its done the trick for us!
                          My Blog is here.../

Comment

I only ever use the 'dough' setting - I always finish mine off in the oven. I like it to rise on it's own in a bread tin and the bread is much lighter that way - goes further as well. Plus, I often use 1/3 of the mix for home made pizza so it saves me making 2 batches.

Reminds me; must make another batch today.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                              I only ever use the 'dough' setting - I always finish mine off in the oven. I like it to rise on it's own in a bread tin and the bread is much lighter that way - goes further as well. Plus, I often use 1/3 of the mix for home made pizza so it saves me making 2 batches.

Reminds me; must make another batch today.
                              I've never used the 'dough' setting at all. I find it so little trouble to mix by hand if I want to finish it by hand (although there are times I've been tempted....) and it seems to be rather slow (I only ever do a single rising, I just knead it a bit harder the first time).
                              It would be handy if I wasn't able to handmix.
                              When I make a pizza I always make extra dough, but it gets turned into a cheese-and-onion loaf, rather like a giand savoury Danish pastry.
                              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X