Plastic Greenhouse comparisons/reviews

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Greenhouse comparisons/reviews

Thought it might be helpful for prospective buyers if we could have a thread of reviews of the different brands of plastic greenhouse. So far I've tried three so here's my opinions:

Morrisons = 6x4' greenhouse - £29.99 (2007 price).
    Fairly sturdy but the plastic ripped at the seams and the cover had to be thrown out at the end of the year. Shelving along one side.

Gardman 6x4" reinforced greenhouse @ Instore = £34.99
    No shelving included but this didn't bother me as I'm reusing last year's frame to make a shelf that can be removed as required. The plastic cover on this one is interwoven with mesh and seems MUCH stronger, zips and seams seem sturdy. There are eyelets at the bottom of the cover to peg it down underneath the frame, but these aren't all that secure (one fell out during construction), that said I'd much rather have them than not. The plastic joints aren't all that great - one or two split while I was putting it together, so be careful (luckily I had spares from last year). All in all though this greenhouse seems quite a bit sturdier.

4 shelf mini greenhouse = B+M bargain shop £9.99
    This seems okay but I wouldn't want to put it anywhere less sheltered (currently got it protected by walls on 2 sides). The shelves seem like they might break off if too much weight was put on; would prefer the removable, stronger ones that curve over the frame that some models have. Not really given this one any challenging weather yet!

Has anyone tried the 'growhouses' that fit a growbag, particularly the £6.99 B+M ones? Any good?

Sez, why have you posted the same thing on two different forums?

Comment

I posted it in the wrong forum. Have edited the original post to ask the mods to delete it as threads can't be deleted except by them.

Comment

Interesting sez, I wanted to try one of the 'growbag covers' but our Morrisons didn't have any left. I too would be interested in anyone's views on them - thought I might have tried to grow a melon or two in them.
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
          Interesting sez, I wanted to try one of the 'growbag covers' but our Morrisons didn't have any left. I too would be interested in anyone's views on them - thought I might have tried to grow a melon or two in them.

I was thinking along the same lines (melons). Might give it a go

Comment

I had a couple of the Four Tier Wide ones (can't remember the make, Halls maybe? ) but I bought them from Focus, and they lasted well through a whole season (tied to a hedge for stability) before the covers started to come apart. The shelving is now being used as staging in the greenhouse, and I've bought another one this year.
            The narrower 4 tier ones I've bought in the past (Gardman I think) haven't been so good, even with a blob of silicone in all the joints when assembling (which I do in all of them) they still seem to fall to pieces remarkably easily, & the covers are flimsy at best.
            I had a Growbag Cover thingy one year, the cover wasn't too bad, but the frame was wobbly Get the silicone out if you buy one!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X