Wilkinson sword forks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilkinson sword forks

I have two Wilkinson Sword stainless steel forks for use on my lotty, one border and the other full size. Had them for about a year and unfortunately the border fork got badly bent - and the other other fork showed signs of doing the same. I took them back to a large DIY store where I bought them to complain and was given short shift - basically they told me that I must have misused them and because I no longer had the reciepts they refused to replace them even though I pointed out to them that they had a lifetime guarentee on them. Admittedly they get a lot of use but I never misuse my tool. So I got in touch with Wilkinson customer service explaining and asked how I could validate the guarentee. They asked me to return them and they would sort it which they did. Now I have two brand new forks both unbent!
    I am impressed with thier customer service. So it does pay to buy good tools rather than the cheaper (much) in store models

Good stuff!

I use a Wilkinson Sword fork too and I find it much lighter than those crappy plastic handled things you see knocking about. Buying good quality gear definitely pays dividends long term.

Comment

Glad to hear it, i bought a Wilkinson Sword only the other day. Wasn't sure if greater price meant better tool, but at least i know where to go in event of disaster. It is nice and light, i noticed that.
      Last edited by garygc2008; 18-05-2008, 07:07 PM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Yes good quality tools do make a differance. On the veg. plot at home I use the best tools I can afford. My favourites are Bulldog (the only garden tools entirely made in England). Others sometimes say 'made in England' but that only means the various bits are put together here.

On the lottie, because we are not allowed a shed and tools have to be left out, I use cheaper tools. Already this year I've bent my spade. It's still usable but it will need replacing soon.

As long as you can keep your tools safe, buy the best you can afford, they will repay you with years of good service.
        It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X