Recommended shredder models?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended shredder models?

I've just read thru all the past posts on this subject. Can't afford a big one, just want one for prunings really. Anyone have any models to recommend?

Have you bought one yet Flum?
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

I thoroughly recommend the Mowerland shredder! It's got a powerful motor, runs very quietly and has a reverse mode to unblock it if needed, plus it is a reasonable price.
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Shredder

Hello there, Smallblue planet. What type of shredder you buy depends on what you want to shred. I have a Bosch 1600, a type that uses a spiral sort of thing (a bit like in a mincing machine). It is brilliant at chopping up woody prunings but useless at doing anything softer.

There is a website, I think its called fredshed, or something like that (no doubt another grape will know what I mean and be able to put up the address), that gives unbiased opinions about allsorts of garden tools. On there is a load of info. about shredders.
      It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

fredshed

Hello again smallblueplanet. Ive just checked and the website is Fredshed - an independent showcase for the latest and best tools for the home, garden, and DIY market Sorry don't have a clue how to do that 'link thing'. There is loads of info. on there about shredders. Hope thats of some use to you.

Comment

Don't know where all that green writing came from. I just wrote the website address.

Comment

Hey! What do you know? It works as one of those 'link things'. Please excuse my ignorance I still see computers as fancy type-writers.

Comment

Thanks snuffer I'll have a looksee at the green writing link thing.

Comment

If you're not in a great rush, I ordered the Mowerland one last night so can let you know how it goes after the weekend
                Last edited by Arachne; 20-05-2008, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks Arachne.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X