Outside extension cable reel?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside extension cable reel?

We've got an electric strimmer with a short lead and a long garden! So I'm looking to buy an extension cable for it. Is there anything (besides length of cable! About 20m I think) I should particularly look for when buying one?

Anyone seen any good buys?
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

I would recommend getting one of those circuit breaker thingies so that if you accidentally strim the cable you won't get a shock. Also, a brightly coloured cable is a good idea as it stands out against the grass.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Thanks shirley, got a rcd breaker already. Good point about colour though.

Hows the aubs going btw (as I hijack my own thread! )

Comment

Slowly but surely as are all my greenhouse crops. I just popped to check and the Calliope and Rosa Bianca are producing second set of true leaves, Ichiban is a bit slower and just got its first true leaves. They took a long time to come through but are getting along nicely now. Thanks again for the seeds. How tall do they grow? I need to start planning what will go where in the greenhouse when the seed staging comes out shortly.
        Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 10-05-2008, 11:58 AM.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

I got a 20m one from B&Q 2 years back, it has RCD built in so everthing you plug into it is protected.

Couple of socket holes.
          And its a very bright red/orange colour to reduce tripping over.
          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43
            ...They took a long time to come through but are getting along nicely now....How tall do they grow? I need to start planning what will go where in the greenhouse when the seed staging comes out shortly.
            We grow ours in the g/h border, Nick grows them with 18"-24" space each side of their stem (depending how vigorous they look), but not in a straight line, more a zig-zag along the border. They can grow about 24"-36"-ish high. We tend to do what we do with toms and take off their lower leaves and thin them out if they start getting to 'choked'.

Here's this years in 12" pots waiting to go into the g/h border.

Attached Files
            Last edited by smallblueplanet; 10-05-2008, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that Manda. I don't have borders in the greenhouse as the soil is a bit rubbish where we sited it. They will be in 10litre florists buckets, possibly double-decked with my other peppers and shorter chillies.
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

I've put a picture in showing ours in 'buckets', they're already quite big, maybe two to a growbag?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X