grapevine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grapevine

I have a mature grapevine it has been left to it's own devises for years returning abundance of fruit, it is time i paid some attention how do i trim it back? what do i feed it?

I have 12x golden delicious apple trees they are covered in black spots, what can i do to treat them?

Comment

i think this is in the wrong category.
      Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by rushdrink View Post
        I have a mature grapevine it has been left to it's own devises for years returning abundance of fruit, it is time i paid some attention how do i trim it back? what do i feed it?
        As the vine will be starting to throw out lots of new growth if indoors or just getting ready to if outdoors you maybe a bit late for this year but you can test this by pruning one of the smaller laterals (branches) if it starts to bleed (ooze) then dont prune it this year if it doesnt then you should be ok.

You prune it by cutting back all the laterals to within two or three buds of the main stem or stems, the new growth will then grow from these two or three buds on each lateral.

Both my indoor vines have lots of growth and hundreds of baby grapes already forming on them now.

Cheers Chris
        Last edited by crichmond; 19-04-2008, 11:32 AM.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by rushdrink View Post
          I have 12x golden delicious apple trees they are covered in black spots, what can i do to treat them?
          And here is some information on apple black spot.
          HortFACT - Black Spot (Venturia inaequalis) in Apples and Pears

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Hi l'm a new boy.
            wonder if you can help, l have a 6/7 year old vine only ever produced l bunch of tiny grapes that died. I am a thick Yorkshire man, the vine grows well, with many green vines and looks very healthy, but l have no idea how l should get a crop off them, should l cut them back ?. Can you help please. Terry.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X