Poundland

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poundland

Was shopping in town at lunchtime and saw Poundland had lots of gardening supplies. Found they were selling seed cells at a bargain price. 5 trays each with 20 cells for £1. Needless to say I bought what there was. Now have more than enough for this year and next - 700 cells costing 1p each. Bargain.

Loads of other bits as well including bulbs and flower seeds.
    http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Their tomato feed is good: used it last year.

Comment

some of their stuff is great (lady secateurs, thornproof gloves), others are well dodgy. Avoid plastic lawn edging like the plague (it disintegrates into a million pieces after one season); their cell trays tend to split after a year too.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        their cell trays tend to split after a year too.
        Did I hear a Poundland thread ?

Darn, I would have liked to buy the cell trays but probably the quality not as good as Wilko's stuffs then.
        Food for Free

Comment

The quality is not as good (bought some last year) but they will keep if you don't mistreat them. Given the price difference even if you lose some its cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. You could just use them to stand paper pots in if you want to try really hard!
          http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

bought my tatties from poundland last year and they did just the same as the more expensive ones from local garden center. recommend wilkies though they do red shallots for£1.50 pack-what a bargain.
            Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X