Cheap (er) Train Tickets

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap (er) Train Tickets

I've been a bit slow at this money-saving tip: split-ticketing to save money on train journeys - (www.thetrainline.com)
    the main thing for us is to avoid central rail stations if going to London.As an example, Norwich to London Liverpool St is £40. If we get off at Aldgate East (Manningtree) instead, it's only £15.

Cool

more detailed info and links at:
    www.moneysavingexpert.com
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Thanks Two Sheds,

That has reminded me to book my tickets and I saved £29 buying two singles!

Brilliant thanks, Mandy

Comment

We travelled up to London (Paddington) This week from Totnes in Devon. We had booked tickets originally to travel today,then had to change and travel earlier this week. The cancellation charge on each ticket was going to cost more than virtually the cost of new tickets!. What is that about?. Cancellion charge £10 per ticket. My sons ticket only cost £4:50, My OH £14:00. I travelled for £17. The train ticket costs i don't have a problem with but why such a high cancellation charge???

Comment

I guess that having to pay a £10 is a risk you run if you can't make your original travel plans. Bear in mind that you have to pay to alter plane tickets too, so I guess it's the same principle.

I'm stunned at the minute cost of your tickets in the first place, though - well done for getting such a good deal! I travelled from Birmingham to Totnes last week and the off peak cost for the tickets was £66 return which I thought was ok, given that if I'd have driven the cost would have been much higher, and I could sit and look at all the wonderful scenery. It would have been quicker too, had the train not been delayed for an hour on the journey home....hey ho!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X